Found out if board is a template (though the API)

Hi there,

Is there a way to find out if a given board is a template board or not? Can’t find the API query to find out. If there is no way to figure this out, please read this as a feature request. As a developer we need to know which type of board we are working with.

Hey there @basdebruin

I’ve just had a look within our API docs and I wasn’t able to figure out a way to tell if a board is a template or not via the API, but I’ll double-check this with the team to be sure.

That said, you can always see if a board is a template or not within the template store, and each template has its own template ID that you can see as well. Would it make any sense to paste the template ID into the board description for now? You could then query boards by this object:

I definitely agree it would make sense to add this as a field you could query from within the API directly. I’ve passed that as a suggestion to the team :slight_smile:

-Alex

1 Like

Hi @AlexSavchuk
As I am redesigning some of my apps I really need to figure out if a board is a template. The API mutation to create a board allows for a template_id but if there is no way to find out the template_id through the API is is pretty useless :slight_smile: