Getting board_folder_id as null for all the boards

Hi Team,

We have multiple workspaces and multiple boards and when retrieving the boards all the board results is having board_folder_id as null. Is this expected?

If not how we can create board within some folder. Please assist.

Regards,
Prashanth

Hi @prasmadd

I think you are mixing folders and workspaces. You can create a board in any workspace (if you know the workspace id) and any folder *if you know the folder id). See doc:

When you do not have folders in your workspaces the folder id for any board in the workspace will return null.

1 Like

Hi @basdebruin

Thank you for inputs. Here, as per my understanding we can have workspaces or folders to create boards which means while creating board we can either select workspace id or folder id as parent for board.

If my understanding above is correct, how can we get the default folder id from the application UI and also how can we create the folder from UI.

Please assist.

Regards,
Prashanth

hi @prasmadd

You can actually have workspaces AND folders. A board is ALWAYS part of a workspace and within the workspace you CAN have folders. You can get the folderId from the UI I’m afraid.

Hi @basdebruin

Can you please suggest how to create folder from UI to have it part of retrieve boards.

Regards,
Prashanth

hi @prasmadd

See this Loom https://www.loom.com/share/9c885797a3ad4a9c980d1b6cecb7c68e