GraphQL API: 'button' column type

Hi,

I’m trying to build a webhook that triggers an action on click of an item’s column.

The board, groups, columns and items are created programmatically, and ideally the column type that is clicked should be a button.

I currently have a working proof of concept using a checkbox column type, but since the column value is initially empty it’s not immediately clear that the user should click/check the column to trigger the webhook.

The documentation does not list ‘button’ as a column type available for creation via the API: https://api.developer.monday.com/docs/columns-queries-1#create-a-column

Are there plans to add this?

Hello there @Chris_Uplifter!

There is no webhook for “When a user clicks on a column”.

Having said that, you could create a button column and use the webhook “When a column changes” and then select that column when configuring the recipe.

You are correct. A button column has to be created via UI as of today. I do not have an ETA on the adding of the ability to create a button column via API.

I will add your vote towards it :slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers,
Matias

Thank you Matias, that would be very helpful.

In the meantime I’ll do some research into an App integration. Is there more flexibility regarding webhook control if we were to build our own application from the SDK as opposed to hooking into the API?

Hello again @Chris_Uplifter!

What would that be for? Which flow are you trying to build?