HELP: How do I get my workgroups expanded again?

I find the new collapsed icon version of the workgroups incredibly disruptive and time-consuming. No longer can we easily click on a workgroup but now have to hover over several to find the workgroup we’re looking for or click another link to see a page of them. I get where this might be nice if you only have a few groups or there aren’t quite a few with the same first letter (we have 3 M’s, 2 S’s, 5 C’s, etc.)

Am I missing a silly setting or have I just found the productivity killer that has us moving on from Monday? Our entire team is really frustrated.

1 Like

We need to go back again in the previous workspace navigation. I have submitted a ticket because i cannot go back from monday labs.

1 Like

Hi @choyt
From @support they tell me the new system is not negotiable… (asking to go back)
As admin for my account, most users are telling me they want the previous navigation system.
Its unpractical and make the information more difficult to find.

1 Like

Hi @hlopezvc - Would adding custom logo icons to each workspace help? We’ve found it very easy to navigate when each workspace has its own custom logo, rather than using the letters.

We saw this feature too but it’s just silly that this is even a consideration of a solution. A simple expand/close option would have sufficed. What’s in place now is infuriating. You get one letter or nothing.
Huge miss from Monday, here. And not willing to go back? Looks like I’m going to accept the next Asana sales call that comes in again.

1 Like

Hi @PolishedGeek in my country (Argentina) we have a saying:
“winning team does not touch”
I mean, if something is doing Ok, why change it?

But I’m judging maybe from my isolated view
I hope Monday.com reviews this situation.

1 Like

:slight_smile: @hlopezvc - Sounds like that’s the equivalent to our “If it’s not broke, don’t fix it.”

It would be nice to have the option to customize the sidebar a bit more, we’ll have to see how many others ask for it too.

1 Like

Agreed. This has been forced onto our account and it’s a No from me at the moment.

Need an intuitive way to get back to the Workspaces toolbar. That Collapse button really buries the Workspaces so it’s hard to quickly jump to another Workspace.

2 Likes

Hey @choyt, @hlopezvc, @PolishedGeek, and @JohnW, thank you for posting about this! Talia here from the monday.com team.

I’d like to pass this feedback to my team so that they can take it into consideration. From what I understand, you don’t like the new navigation because it’s hard to move from one workspace ot the other and see the workspaces when they are collapsed, especially when there are many workspaces? What kind of information is difficult to find?

I can see that these changes are frustrating and want to understand your use cases and complaints so that I can give my team a full (and convincing) picture of what’s going on :slight_smile:

What Monday has now done is made ONLY a collapsed/minimized view of workspaces available. From there it’s not about collapsing them as much as hiding them. The titles of the workspaces need to be visible - it’s that simple.
Collapsed should be just the first letter. Not the letter as a default with invisible as a collapsed state.
I suspect I alone wasted a collective 30 min of my day trying to navigate workspaces because of this update.

100% agree with choyt. Titles need to be visible. Hovering a mouse over multiple single letter workspaces to get the title is an unnecessary step.

1 Like

I’m going against the stream here but I like it.

It makes it much easier to sort out workspaces that have many boards and folders. I suggest to use icons instead of names for your workspaces and you’ll learn fast which is which.

Thanks - we looked at that but they don’t make much sense for all of our boards and we don’t really have the time to go hunting for matching icons that not everyone may understand. It would just be so much easier to allow us to see the titles and for those that would prefer, like yourself, allow them to go ahead and minimize them.

Adding to the consensus here, this irreversible change is a regression in ux that takes my team out of their workflows to hunt for the right workspaces and locate boards within. It was much easier scrolling through workspaces and their boards previously.

More clicks, more time wasted, damages productivity.

4 Likes

Hey all! Many thanks for this feedback—I’m going to continue passing it to my team and I’ll let you know what they say.

I’m not sure whether it will be possible, but it sounds like it would be helpful to have the option to switch between the two layouts depending on what you prefer. What do you think?

1 Like

Here’s another fun fact, when you click a workspace and have multiple boards in the workspace on the list, you move your mouse and the entire list goes away. again and again and again. Just watched our team show me how they have to try 4 or 5 times to even get into a board that you’re delivering in a hover feature. This is not only a bad ux, but the programming is pretty poor, also.

That would be ideal.

I went to a webinar earlier and the Monday.com presenter has the old version enabled…

If i am not mistaken i was able to switch back to the old ui via the monday.labs by deactivating it

How’d you do that, @Eltjo?
I have gone through every setting and disabled them but the new nav still shows up.
I’ve even repeatedly disabled New Workplace Navigation, but the change doesn’t stick. After disabling it 5 times in a row only to open it back up to see it active has me thinking something is also broken there as well.

Hi guys
i have reported that and the support team told me that deactivating this feature Is not an option. So i think they Will make this option dissapear from monday.labs to avoid any confusion.