HELP: How do I get my workgroups expanded again?

Then probably I am not seeing what you guys are talking about. I thought you meant the New Workspace Navigation, sorry

Monday support also told me this is not a feature we will be allowed to roll back.

That said, they did send me a link to provide feedback.

Here’s the link if you wanted to add your own feedback: https://forms.monday.com/forms/85a4f52d9d09ee7e80f16372c2c093a7

2 Likes

Hey all! Thanks for the continued feedback.

I would definitely recommend filling out the form @zach1 posted to make sure your voices are heard, as this feedback will go directly to our product designers.

I also wanted to let you know we are working on a solution that will expose the full workspace name after hearing some of the feedback already!

At the moment it’s not possible to revert back to the old navigation, and it is likely something we will take out of monday.labs.

@choyt, @DTCSC, @Eltjo, @hlopezvc, @jasonbayton, @JohnW, @PolishedGeek

1 Like

Filled in the form. I actually registered an account just to post here for this.
This new feature is driving all my users crazy. I really hope this gets fixed soon.
It’s vital to be able to switch fast between boards. This new setup just adds clicks and makes people search.

1 Like

Yep. That’s our experience too. Poor UI design which we hope gets changed soon. I gave it a 1 out of 5 in my feedback form.

2 Likes

I really hope the change they say they are implementing is done better than the new menu. It takes my users 2-3 clicks to even land on a board within a workgroup. The menu just disappears while they’re trying to click through.
Crossing my fingers that the update is as simple as collapsed state is the single letter/icon and expanded state is the full lists again with groups.
I can’t wrap my head around why/how they thought this was a better experience - I’m left wondering if it went through any UAT or QA at all.
Full disclosure, I took an Asana call this morning so for us a lot is hinging on this getting fixed. This makes our teams less productive, not more productive.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update.
BFTR, it’s not “not possible” - it’s that someone at Monday just doesn’t want to do it.

1 Like

Hello everyone, Yael here from the Customer Experience team.

Firstly, I’d like to thank you all for your feedback. We understand that for some of you this change caused some frustration in your day to day workflows, which, of course, was never intended.

As always, we thrive to create a user-friendly and versatile platform that increases your team’s efficiency and enhances your experience.

The new Workspace navigation was designed to allow full visibility and quick access to all account’s Workspaces from within one area! Also, it’s aimed to save endless scrolling to find a single Workspace!
You can easily customize the Workspaces icons to make them more prominent and relevant to their content.
This will allow you and your team to quickly locate and access the Workspace you’re looking for.

In addition, Workspaces are sorted in a way that reflects their relevance to you - first appears the main Workspace, then any Workspaces you created, and then workspaces that you are a member of.

We know this is a big change in the way you work with your monday.com account, and we want you to know that we are taking all your feedback into consideration. In response to this feedback, we have decided to work on a solution that will display the full Workspace name.

This and more good things are coming up soon!!

1 Like

Apologies for the criticism but if you need to explain the design intent to this extent then regrettably it’s a fail in my view. It needs to be far more intuitive.

The Collapse (Hide) button is particularly problematic for us. It hides all Workspace icons and, to this day, our users have no idea how to get to the boards once the Collapse button has been clicked.

Going to the Inbox and My Week is even worse. No Workspace icons anywhere.

2 Likes

Except that it doesn’t do that at all. It REMOVES “full visibility” and “quick access” by hiding what we’re looking for and delivering a disappearing menu.
And to @JohnW’s point, good design doesn’t need an explanation.
Fingers crossed that you guys fix this. The migration steps out of Monday to two other platforms we’re now looking at (yes, it’s that bad) are tedious and seem to be done by project/board. And I’d really like to NOT add a massive move and time suck like that to my team’s plate during our busiest time of year.

1 Like

Here is a quick video of the broken menu. So frustrating.

1 Like

Why not both? Keep the original view, but also keep the added sidebar with the links.

Simply clicking the workspace the user wants scrolls them to that section in their list. Treat it like any one-page website by just scrolling the user to a linked section.

Those of us that memorized where our workspaces live can still scroll to our hearts content.

I apologize for a duplicate message, but changing the way each workspace appears on the side does not make any sense to me. My workspaces are all out of order from what they previously were, which is making it even harder.

This makes it nearly impossible to create training videos if this is going to be changing all the time.

Either make it alphabetical, or make it a company-level order.

Every single internal call we’ve had this week with my team, this issue has come up.

2 Likes

This issue can actually be fixed by just expanding your menu. Still, shouldn’t have to do this, but it will at least solve your problem for the time being…hopefully.

1 Like