How can I get dependency type via api?

How can I get dependency type via api ? Currently Api only return us the linked_item_ids

try this:

{
  items(ids:123134324){
    column_values(ids: "dependent_on"){
      ... on DependencyValue {
        column{
          settings_str
        }
      }
    }
  }
}
{
  "data": {
    "items": [
      {
        "column_values": [
          {
            "column": {
              "settings_str": "{\"boardIds\":[43223423234],\"dependencyNewInfra\":true,\"allowMultipleItems\":true,\"dependency_mode\":\"no_action\"}"
            }
          }
        ]
      }
    ]
  }
}

you will need to JSON.parse(data.items[0].column_values[0].column.settings_str) to access the “dependency_mode” value. Assuming this is what you’re looking for?

1 Like

Unfortunately this is not what I’m looking for, what I need is the dependency type (Start to finish, start to start,…).
Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 11.21.03

I do not believe this is exposed in the API at this time. I could be wrong. Its a relatively newer feature, along with the lag. Their focus on the API has been getting it up to speed with the new mondayDB and other fundamental changes before they start exposing more values.

If/when this is a feature, it is likely going to be with a ... on DependencyValue fragment on the column value, and most likely some sort of object which describes the type of relation to each dependent on item.

But I don’t work for monday.com so this is speculation.

2 Likes

Hello there,

As @codyfrisch said, this is not available via API at the moment.

If it gets available, we will announce it :grin:

Cheers,
Matias

2 Likes