How can I start/stop/add time to a task via API?

Hello! I’m working on a CLI tool to help reduce friction in providing data, and part of that will include starting and stopping time tracking, and the ability to add a block (say 1h) to a task via API. The goal would be to have the engineer, who is already in a terminal, simply run monday time add 30m <id>, or monday time start <id>. Eventually this could roll up into an Alfred workflow, or a few hotkeys. Is time tracking accessible via API? If so, how can I accomplish this?

1 Like

A work-around for starting/stopping time uses a combination of automations and a status column.

When a status changes to started, start time tracking. When status changes to stopped, stop time tracking

This is not ideal, but it is a hold-over for now. It would still be good to be able to add blocks of time as well, rather than simply starting/stopping the timer on tasks

You can now use the monday Apps Framework to start and stop time tracking columns.

Our integrations feature includes an action for “Start/stop time tracking” that you can pair with a custom trigger to build whatever you want!

For more information on building integrations, check out this article: Integration Quickstart