How to create an integration column?

I am trying integrate our app with Monday.com by using custom trigger and CREATE AN ITEM WITH MAPPING. Can I know how will I be able to create an integration column along with this flow of creating an item?
Also, will I be able to update an item using the recipes only, without making use of API?

Hey @prsparrow - I believe you would be able to update the item using the recipes only.

As for the integration column - let me check in with the team on this and get back to you.

-Daniel

Interesting thought. Following

@prsparrow

Could you please clarify what you would be looking for in an integration column in this case? I’m thinking you could simply create a Link column using the API and the create_column query, and then populate that with the kind of data you are looking to store there. That said, I’d love to hear more about the use case - any detail you could share with us would be really amazing :slight_smile:

-Alex

To close the loop here – the integration column is not supported by our API. However, I recommend using a link or text column to hold the information to cross-reference your other tool.

You can use a link column to store the URL of the object in the other platform, or the text column to store some “primary key” (such as a unique ID).