How to get info about overall function for column in group via API

Hello there!

I’ve read API docs but couldn’t find anything about it.
Am I missing anything? Could you kindly guide me where I can get more info about it?

Hello there @DKostochko,

I do not follow your question. What would an overall function for column be?

Can you please elaborate?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,
Matias

Hello, @Matias.Monday !

For example function SUM for column Price
Screenshot_2024-01-17_09-05-58

1 Like

Hello again,

Matias here!

Thank you the screenshot!

As of today, it is not possible to retrieve the sum you see there via API.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Cheers,
Matias

1 Like

Hello, @Matias.Monday!

Thank you for replies!

Are there any plans to implement this in the near future? Our customers ask us about implementing a feature in the our app based on this data.

Best regards,
Dima

1 Like

Its possible to get all items in a group with that column value, and create the sum yourself though. The {board{columns{settings_str}}} or {items{column_values{columns{settings_str}}}} will contain information about how to format the value, and if its a sum, avg, min, max, or count. (settings_str is a JSON string you need to deserialize)

2 Likes

Hello, @codyfrisch!

Thank you for advice!

I got the column settings. There was no info about function that was used as total for the column

{
  "id": "numbers",
  "title": "Price",
  "type": "numbers",
  "width": 118,
  "settings_str": "{\"unit\":{\"symbol\":\"€\",\"custom_unit\":\"\",\"direction\":\"left\"}}",
  "description": null
},

Best regards,
Dima

1 Like

If function is undefined, then assume the function is SUM. It only appears once you’ve changed it in the column settings once.

2 Likes

Hello, @codyfrisch!

You’re right!

I’ve checked different options. The function sum appears in the column settings.

Many thanks! =)

Best regards,
Dima

2 Likes

Thank you @codyfrisch !!!

Hello there!
It’s me again =)

I have additional question.
What if the column is not numeric but formula? I see only formula in settings_str. There is no function and unit info. How can I deal with it?

Best regards,
Dima

Unfortunately, for formulas that information. Formulas don’t support formatting the same way - usually the formula itself formats the value.

Don’t forget formula columns are calculated client-side. This means that while you can see the formula, you’ll never be able to see the results of the formula via the API. You have to actually calculate the formula yourself in code.

2 Likes

Hello @codyfrisch!

Thank you for advice!
I hoped there was another way to get unit for formula column except direct chain of calculations by columns and their settings.

Best regards,
Dima

1 Like