How to get the link to the mobile form of an item?

Hi there :wave:,
When you open an item on the Monday App and you share it, you get something like: https://mondaycom.page.link/m3Fexxxxxxx
How can we retrieve this link (with API or something else)?
I would like to automatically generate a QR code to this link in a column.

Hey @jeromeskiply :wave:

That’s a great, but puzzling question :slight_smile:

To be transparent with you, this is something I’ll have to double-check with the team, but my initial hunch seems like this wouldn’t be possible via the API. :thinking:

I’ll get back to you as soon as I can confirm this.

-Alex

1 Like

It would be so great to have this… It is a feedback from a user of our Monday.com QR Code App.

1 Like

Maybe there is a way to generate it from the itemid/boardid?

@jeromeskiply

Still checking on this with the technical team, but it seems like the mobile app link is encrypted and doesn’t use the normal Board ID or Item ID locations :thinking: For now, I want to be transparent as it seems the chances are slim, but could you shed a bit more light on the user’s initial feedback? Is the monday.com link from the QR app not opening the mobile app correctly?

-Alex

It is an other use case. Instead of updating the status with the QR Code, he just wants to open a link of an item (it is a new feature request). And that is why I was trying to find how to generate this link (I mean a link that open directly the “mobile form” corresponding to the item).

@jeromeskiply

Thanks for providing further detail!

Theoretically, the usual monday.com link should prompt the mobile app to open the link in the mobile app directly, at least that is my experience on my Android tablet and Gmail. Perhaps this doesn’t need to be set up by you in the first place? :thinking:

-Alex

1 Like

Yes, it works! Thanks. I think I will implement it as an item view.

1 Like

Hi @AlexSavchuk,
It works… on Android. I have feedback from users that it doesn’t work on Apple smartphone.
I don’t know if there is a workaround, they are redirected to a web page that says that they should use the App, even if he App is installed.
If you want to try internally : Generate a QR Code link to a Monday.com Item - YouTube
Jerome

Hi @jeromeskiply
it is right that we IOS i can’t connect to Monday. It is already installed on my mobile .

1 Like

Hi there :wave:
I’m coming back to this topic, because sometimes, the link opens in the monday.com app, sometimes it opens a browser saying: “You must install monday.com App” (despite the fact that it is installed).
Do you know how to make it work 100% of time?
@AlexSavchuk @VladMonday @dipro

Hey again @jeromeskiply

Thanks for checking in on this!

Would you be able to shed any light on the links that seem to open within the app correctly, and then provide the links that do not seem to open in the app? It might be better to reach out to us using the App Support email so that we can continue the conversation via email :slight_smile:

-Alex

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.