How to make 2 task date's equal?

Hey guys, recently our company started using Monday, which works perfectly for me.

Now I created a board on “competitor analysis” with groups devided into 6 countries. Now each country has around 20 competitors, but some competitors will be active in multiple countries. This means 1 item appears in 2 mulitiple groups.

The question is, is it possible that when I change a date, it will be changed for both competitors (tasks), instead of just the one which is done manually?

See these 2 pictures as an example;

As you can see the dates are different, but this should always be the same.

If there are any further questions, feel free to ask me.

@SamNis

Welcome to the Monday community!

Yes the Dependency Column & Automations were made exactly for this. You’ll want to start with defining your dependencies by adding the column:

Find the repeated competitor and choose which item it should be dependent on.

Then use this Automation:

Choose the date to watch and your dependency column, then you should be all set.

Hope this helps!

Thank you, I did find the right autmation and Column, but it still doesn’t seem to work for me.

See this pictures as an example; (lets say all test items have to be equal)

At the first one, I made them depend on just 1 thing, which should make me a circle.

If I add all other items on which it should be depended, it goes up and down like crazy.

If you got a fix for this please let me know.

*edit; this is how I set up the automation

@SamNis

Bad news here unfortunately. I did some testing on my own and discovered this same bug you mention of infinite date changing. Doesn’t seem like Monday considers it an issue currently:

I think the dependency is more designed for project dates that require one to be complete before the other one. Not really designed to keep dates in the same board the same like your use case.

More bad news, I can only think of two ways to solve this within the same board.

1. A new App on the Marketplace called VLOOKUP but its not free.
  2. One of the third party integration apps like Integromat(free version) or Zapier(I’ve never used).

I wish there was a native Monday solution but I can’t think of one.

1 Like

Ah, sad news. Thank you for all the effort!

1 Like