How to use Multiple Queries in the GraphiQL Editor

When I use the GraphiQL editor on GraphQlHub I have no problem doing multiple named queries but on the Monday.com try-it-yourself editor I always get an error with a message property of “An operation name is required” when I select one of my queries with the play button.

I have named my queries and they show up in the Play button and I’m only selecting one of them. What is the trick to getting multiple queries to work in the editor?

Hi @Tod,

Welcome to the monday.com community :tada: It’s great to have you :slight_smile:

Would you please be so kind as to show us an example of what you’re inputting into https://monday.com/developers/v2/try-it-yourself when receiving this error?

I’d love to take a closer look so we can be sure we’re offering the most relevant answers :muscle:

query simpleDemo1 {
  boards (ids:376233019){
    id
  }
}

query simpleDemo2 {
  boards (ids:376233019){
    id
  }
}

First it can be hard to get the Play button to give me the proper dropdown, I haven’t quite figured out what makes it work but the drop down did work but selecting either item just gives an error. Commenting out one test or the other and only having one works but that makes learning the API really cumbersome.

@Scott-monday.com Any updates on if you can replicate this?