I want to add a product feature in Monday.com. If a user uploads a file on Monday, I want to provide an option for QR Proofing. When the user clicks on 'Proofing,' I want to redirect them to my application but how can i make recipe i don't know

I want to add a product feature in Monday.com. If a user uploads a file on Monday, I want to provide an option for QR Proofing. When the user clicks on ‘Proofing,’ I want to redirect them to my application but how can i make recipe i don’t know

Hello there @Azhar and welcome to the community!

You can not create an integration that whenever someone clicks on a button column, that opens a new window/tab/pop up if that is what you wanted to do.

You can create an integration that creates a link and adds it to a link column that the users can then click on to go to a different tab/window.

Or you could create a custom view such as a board view or item view where you can display your app.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers,
Matias

Hello @Matias.Monday , thank you for your response. yes I want to create an integration that creates a link and adds it to a link column that users can then click on to go to a different tab or window. I integrated the app, but I don’t know how to add a button column. I’m using your Node.js example…

Hello there @Azhar,

You can use a mutation like this one to create a button column:

mutation {
  create_column(board_id: 1234567890, title: "Button", column_type: button) {
    id
    title
    description
  }
}

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Cheers,
Matias

I’ve created a link in a column. If a user clicks on the link, they should be directed to my Angular app, and I also want to send the userId along with it.how can i send?

Hello there @Azhar,

I am not sure I understand the use case. You want to have in monday, a “link” column with a link to your app, and when the user clicks on that link, you want to pass the ID of the user who clicked in the link so that you can use that user ID in your app (external to monday)?

Yes, I want to pass the ID of the user Who clicked on the link…how can I Pass the UserId? and If I have multiple members on my board, how can I send their user IDs when they click on a link? actually I’m creating a new feature where, when a user uploads a file, a link column with their userID is generated. If I add multiple members to my board and those users log in, I want to change the userID to their login userID

Hello again @Azhar,

There is no way to do that from a column of type “link”. You would need to use some workaround such as a view feature in which you can check the context via the SDK. Or you might be able to use an integration with a custom action that passes the user ID when an event occurs, and then you can pass the userId using the input fields.

To pass multiple users’ IDs, you would need to use the API when an event occurs, to query for that information directly.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers,
Matias