I would like a status to represent a value that works calculating the corresponding budget

Hi Monday Community! :wave: I am trying to create a board that shows a freelancer as an item. Then use status columns to represent the date of that month. The status chosen for that date represents a project code that I would like to cost the freelancers day rate against… I have tried using formulas but unsure how to assign a value to a status. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

@James3

If you want to do this with just a formula column, the SWITCH() function will probably be the simplest way to go. Something like this:

SWITCH({Status},"FL1",50,"FL2",50,"FL3",200,"FL4",150,"FL5",350,"FL6",75,9999)

The 9999 at the end would be the return value if no match is found. This could be “ERROR”, 0, or whatever works best for your situation.

Jim - The Monday Man channel
Signup for a FREE Integromat account with this link and get a FREE hour with The Monday Man

1 Like

Thats really cool! Can this formula take into consideration additional status columns? The other columns are duplicates and contain the same labels. For example I tried this:

SUM(SWITCH({Status1},"FL1",50,"FL2",50,"FL3",200,"FL4",150,"FL5",350,"FL6",75,9999),(SWITCH({Status2},"FL1",50,"FL2",50,"FL3",200,"FL4",150,"FL5",350,"FL6",75,9999)

Which sadly didnt work

@James3

Can you give me some additional detail on how you want the other status columns to be included?

Sure, so the item name will be John Doe and I need to make a note of what project he is on daily. I would like to do this with a status column representing the date, the labels would signify which project. Then 30 more columns the same to track each day of the month. So I would have the labels in the status columns to represent 1 or 0. Example: Project1=1, Project2=1, unassigned=0. This would hopefully give me how many days John Doe worked as a number.

An additional formula that could specify how many days a month John Doe worked on Project1 and another for Project2 would be the next step.

The reason for John Doe to be an item is because I would like to have Susan Doe beneath to track her as well within the same board.

I hope that makes sense?

@James3

Ok. I’m not sure I would approach it that way. But, that aside, you could try something like this for the formula:

SWITCH({Status1},"unassigned",0,1) + SWITCH({Status2},"unassigned",0,1) + .... + SWITCH({Status31},"unassigned",0,1)
1 Like

Thanks @JCorrell that worked like magic! :+1:

@James3

Great, glad to hear it!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.