If Date Column is Empty, then Assign Date 7 Days out

Hi There.
I am trying to have a Standard Date assign to an item of 7 days after the Date of Request, only if the Proposal Due Date is empty. Is there a way to accomplish this?
I don’t want to add the 7 days if there is already a date in the Proposal Due Date column.
Thanks!
Screenshot

Hey Jen!

Charlotte here for the team! :wave: Happy to help out with this!

It looks like you’re using a formula in the “Add Days” column, correct? If so, you could make this into an IF formula and then add the following condition at the front:
IF({Date}=“”,“N/A”

You can change the N/A to be whatever you want to see in the “Add Days” column when the “Proposal Due Date” column is blank but this way you will be able to return a specific value instead of a date when there is no date in the preceding column.

What do you think about this? Check out some IF formulas here and play around with them! :blush:

Good Morning and thank you Charlotte.

I did get the Add Days to work when the Proposal Due Date is empty.
The Add Days column is returning a value of ‘Standard’, which is good.

However, I am trying to set another formula based on the Add Days being Standard.

I would like the new formula to Add 7 Days to the Date of Request when the Add Days column has a value of Standard.

I can’t get it to work but I fell that the formula is correct. Any suggestions?

Thanks so much!

image311939.png

image464659.png

image631004.png

Hi Jen,

When you create formulas, a very basic check is the number of open and close parentheses. They should match. In your formula you opened 2 and closed only 1.
Also you need to enclose Standard in between double-quotes.

Try

If({Add Days}="Standard",ADD_DAYS({Date of Request},7))

Gilles

Thank you so much for your help! You have no idea how man variations I have tried. This worked! You made my entire week.

Have a wonderful rest of your day and weekend.

Regards,

Jen

image311939.png

image464659.png

image631004.png

1 Like