Converting Integromat to Make

UPDATE: GO FOR IT!
My full post is here. (with an offer for help)

As most of you who use Integromat are probably already aware, “Integromat” is now “Make”.

Everyone will eventually have to migrate. But you have a year to do it.

RECOMMENDATION: I recommend that you do NOT do it yet.

There are a number of reasons to switch, which I will address soon (if no one else has).

The “bottom-line” for the moment is that if you are actively creating new scenarios and linking them using webhooks to monday you should hold off. The challenge/response process for adding webhooks to monday is not yet active.

I will update here as soon as this is turned on.

Jim - The Monday Man

7 Likes

*** UPDATE ***

As Yann has pointed out below, the workaround I presented is unnecessary if you use the monday specific webhook module called “Watch Events” instead of the generic webhook module.

I am still recommending that those who can, stay with Integromat and hold off migrating to Make a little longer.

For those who need to deal with adding a webhook NOW, here is a video of a simple workaround.

Don’t blame my editor for the quality… I did this one on my own. :grin:

Jim - The Monday Man (YouTube Channel)
Watch Our Latest Video: Column Total in monday.com Formulas? YES!!!.

4 Likes

Thanks for the tip @JCorrell

The webhook monday without problems

@YannD

Great call!

Interesting that this module doesn’t allow you to set the data structure. So, usage will be a bit different. But, not a significant disadvantage if you are not hardcoding the data structure.

I have run into two other issues that I have submitted to Make support.

The biggest one for most people is that you can not currently map item IDs into Connect Boards columns.

The second is that using a JSON data structure in conjunction with the Array Aggregator module isn’t allowed.

It still looks like existing scenarios that are converted from Integromat to Make are working fine.

3 Likes

We have had 1 automation not transfer properly and is in perpetual error mode.
The automation uses a timed trigger, every monday morning at 07:30. However, since the migration, the scenario will not turn on, and I can not save changes made to the scenario because it keeps throwing an error that the trigger is set to an invalid date, despite it being set correctly.

@LindaFuchsUTN

You might try duplicating the scenario and scheduling the copy.

UPDATE…

From my perspective, things are getting better… I still recommending that monday users wait to migrate. But, it looks like things will be good to go soon.

@LindaFuchsUTN

Can you tell me if this has been resolved?

It seems the issue has been fixed. I could now choose a date in the future and save the automation. Then, by closing and reopening the scenario, I was able to select specific days of the week for the automation to run.

@LindaFuchsUTN

Good to hear! Thanks for the update.

I recently started converting one of my own accounts to Make. Unfortunately, I did run into trouble. I only converted a few of my scenarios (thankfully). I was able to get them working after contacting Make support AND they said THAT issue was now fixed. I will be converting another batch soon. Fingers crossed. :grin:

Hello, I am trying to transfer email address from Monday to SendInblue when an item is created, but during Mapping I cannot find Monday’s email ID, is it the same for you?

I wish I would have read these posts before migrating. When Make was first announced, I tried migrating a personal sandbox account from Integromat, which failed completely (I guess they were initially having some server issues). I followed the chatter on the FB Integromat Community group and held off on migrating for several months. Then it seemed like support was dwindling on that forum, and more people were recommending making the switch to Make, so I did it.

I migrated all my scenarios over Memorial Day weekend, and it seemed like things were working just fine. I was totally unaware of this issue though. I use the “send webhook when column changes” trigger for lots of scenarios in Integromat.

After struggling with it for a bit, I was able to update some old scenarios with new triggers using the method that @JCorrell shared above (Watch Events).

I appreciate the collective knowledge and support here and will stay tuned to this thread for updates.

Can I also use this when trying to get rid of the (copy) from duplicated boards?

YESSSSSSS!!

So, I have completed the conversion of my main Integromat account to Make!!! I’m glad it’s done and I’m glad to have Make. It’s not super different. But it is better (video coming soon).

I can’t guarantee that you won’t run into ANY issues. However, I now believe that the conversion process is now solid enough for me to recommend that any holdouts can go for it. I went the “manual” path and did not try the “Fast migration” though, for most, I think it is probably okay too.

With over 60 scenarios in that account to convert and some of the hic-ups in the early going, I gave up on trying to use this as the basis for a “how to convert” video.

So… because I would still like to do a “how to convert” video, if you would like some guidance on the process and would be willing for me to record the session(s), I am offering my time to a “select few” at no charge.

If you are interested, please fill out your information here: Contact – The Monday Man. Just let me know about how many active scenarios you have. I will follow-up with you regardless of whether or not you are selected and let you know when the video has been posted. Any private info will be removed in edit and you will be able to approve the video before it is made public.

Thanks.

Jim - The Monday Man (YouTube Channel)
What is Make & How can it help you with monday?
We Create Custom Solutions
Schedule a 1-on-1 Tutorial Session (for monday, Make, or “My Latest Book”)

Hi,

@JCorrell or can anyone tell me if this issue still exists?

When I create an item I trying to get a webhook to run to give me all the columns listed against that item to update a Google sheet. I can’t get the standard standard Monday Watch automation to list the array of items and so I tried Jim’s workaround for creating a standard webhook.

However, when I create the webhook response to pass the value back into original webhook to activate it, there’s no option to pass the value back in as the body! Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks

@MattCynosure

The difference between the different types of webhooks is only in the initial connection process. There is no need to use the generic Make webhook module when connecting to a monday webhook recipe.

It sounds like the basic issue is that you are expecting the webhook to send the value of all the columns on an item. The short answer is that they don’t do that. You will need to do a separate “Get Item” in your scenario.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.