Track time for multiple people: time tracking column

I know this has been submitted before but this is an important feature that would benefit from some attention. Overview: the timer can only be used by one person. You cannot track the same time for multiple people on the same item. Previous suggestions include adding multiple timer columns. Given the size of our team, this would be quite unusable. The other suggestion was to use sub-items. Also not ideal. Competitor applications allow for individual time tracking on the same item so this would be a very valuable feature to develop. Thank you for considering.

Thank you for your feature request! We wanted to let you know that we will be merging this topic into this existing feature request More than one person at once being able to use time tracking column so that the votes can be combined! All votes and comments will be transferred during the merge. If you did not cast a vote on this topic, please add your vote to the active thread above. Your opinion matters to us!

A post was merged into an existing topic: More than one person at once being able to use time tracking column

I agree, this is a really important feature that’s missing for us. So often our team members accidentally turn off someone else’s tracking or forget to add their time manually later. We previously had lots of different time tracking columns but it left our reporting in the back end unsustainable.
Would it even be possible to have an alert if you’re about to accidentally turn off someone else’s tracking? That would help to start with.
I notice the first post on this was 2.5 years ago. Surely something can be done now?