Improvements on Time tracking column

Hello Monday :slight_smile:

We are trying to use the timetracking column and (for what i have read in the forum) there are things that still are not solved, critical to us for using this column and not other ways (secundary boards, etc). I mean timetracking column is the perfect answer for timetracking, but if is not improved, it cannot be efficient to use it.

1. Add manual sessions without specifying hours and minutes, i mean, only hours worked.

2. Add android App capabilities to add manual sessions, actually android users can only start and stop the time, but not introduce values manually.

3. Fix the issue that two users cannot introduce a manual session on the same time/hour, if user nro.1 worked yesterday from 08am to 11am, user nro.2 cannot do it, and in real cases there are two people (or more) working for a task in the same time/day, so this has to be fixed. example: error message trying to add a session on the same time that my partner

1. Fix dashboard and graphics viewing on boards: actually monday.com cannot individualize total hours worked for a pulse by user, i think its a bug to put total time on each person besides the REAL time they worked on this pulse, example:

We need this fixes to be done in order to start using this column.
I have read many post on this community, but there are no news !!! :frowning:

Especially point 4 is important! Now, it makes timetracking for 1 task where 2 people are involved in very useless.

1 Like

Agree with points 3 &4 - really important when more than one person is working on the same task

2 Likes

@Julia-monday.com hi!
can we have some feedback on this request?
i think its not a challenging one… because this column is in use yet, and i think everyone in any kind of organization needs to track time. Most people on service companies dont have the time to be clicking on start/end button any time a task start or stops. This information in some cases is fulfilled on the end of the day.

But all we surely agree is that timetracking is one of the thing we all want to measure.

1 Like

I also believe that it would be helpful to have a Notes long-text field next to each shift, so we can input whatever notes we have from that shift (i.e. Job Number, Employee, Field Notes, etc.)

1 Like

We need some feedback on this request…

Added - we’ve been trying to get TimeTracking working properly also - very fundamental for a team management app.

There is also an issue with theBoards time trackign vs Dashboards where if multiple people are assigned to the same task, it shows only one time tracking record on the item log, but logs the time twice when it comes to the Widget - assuming that both people had worked at the same time.

This means it’s currently almost impossible to accurately track tiem spent on projects by month / day etc (unless you create a new board / puls for each month or multiple versions of tasks - whihc becomes pretty unmanageable with nay high number of projects and team members).

I think the approach to Time Tracking overall needs a fresh look before it becomes effective on the app.

Hi all :slight_smile: Brett here, thanks for your feedback on this!

@hlopezvc I appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback especially with those screenshots. We are aware that the time tracking column is somewhat limited at the moment, and we are looking to refine and improve the functionality as a whole.

In terms of the functionalities on Android, this may be something that comes along later down the road, as the app’s infrastructure is much different, but I do see the need. For the time being, you can always have employees just add time manually for hours regardless of the specific time (meaning you are just trying to log for example “3 hours”).

As for stopping and starting, totally understand the concern here and see how this could be forgotten about. We have run into the same issue here internally – however you could use an automation recipe or two to stop and start the timer, which can definitely help to save time and effort. Meaning you change the status to “working on it” it starts the timer, you change it to “done” it stops the timer.

Let me know if you have any additional thoughts on this and sorry for the delay!!