In webhook Events of App in Marketplace, what URL we need to provide?

Hi,

In webhooks page, I am trying to use app install and uninstall events where I need to provide URL at the top of the webhooks page.

Which URL do we need to provide in the test box?

could you please help on this?

Please refer the screenshot below attached here.

You provide the URL of the route you created in your app that handle these events.

Hi,

Thanks for your response!

I am not able to get your point.

So, if possible, could we schedule a call to address and resolve this at the earliest convenience?"

Thanks!

Hi,

In order to receive the updates through this webhook you need to have a backend app (e.g. in NodeJS or any other programming language). That app needs to provide a route and the address of that route needs to be entered.

You can achieve the same with Make.

Hi,

I have back end APP which is deployed as Marketplace App.

I am sharing the screenshot below. You mean shareable URL in the screen shot. Or Do we need to implement any coding part inside the APP to get the route?

Yes, you need to code inside that app and expose a route. The URL of that route needs to be put in the input box to receive the install webhooks

1 Like

The install webhooks are notifications to you of app installs and uninstalls, so you can provision resources, send welcome emails, or just track how many installs and the accounts.

They are not used to “install” the app in monday.com, just tell you about installs (and if you monetize, then subscription events around an account and the app as well).

I’m sharing this in case you may be misunderstanding their purpose. They are just notifications for you do use for whatever purpose you need, if you don’t fill in the URL the app will still function (assuming your backend, if any, doesn’t need to provision anything first)

1 Like

Hi,

We submitted the App in the marketplace .

To know about the details of App installation and uninstallation, we are utilizing webhook events, and we have written the following code according to the documentation. However, we are encountering errors in the code such as

JsonWebTokenError: invalid signature
at C:\Users\priya\Downloads\monday.com webhook\node_modules\jsonwebtoken\verify.js:171:19
at getSecret (C:\Users\priya\Downloads\monday.com webhook\node_modules\jsonwebtoken\verify.js:97:14)
at module.exports [as verify] (C:\Users\priya\Downloads\monday.com webhook\node_modules\jsonwebtoken\verify.js:101:10)
at C:\Users\priya\Downloads\monday.com webhook\server.js:11:26
at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (C:\Users\priya\Downloads\monday.com webhook\node_modules\express\lib\router\layer.js:95:5)
at next (C:\Users\priya\Downloads\monday.com webhook\node_modules\express\lib\router\route.js:144:13)
at Route.dispatch (C:\Users\priya\Downloads\monday.com webhook\node_modules\express\lib\router\route.js:114:3)
at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (C:\Users\priya\Downloads\monday.com webhook\node_modules\express\lib\router\layer.js:95:5)
at C:\Users\priya\Downloads\monday.com webhook\node_modules\express\lib\router\index.js:284:15
at Function.process_params (C:\Users\priya\Downloads\monday.com webhook\node_modules\express\lib\router\index.js:346:12)

Sample Code for your reference:

app.post("/action", function(req, res) {
    res.status(200).send({})
    const token = req.headers.authorization;
    const decoded = jwt.verify(token, “MY_SIGNING_SECRET”);
    const subscription = decoded.subscription;
})

Documentation is poor on this, you have to use the CLIENT SECRET for these JWTs not the SIGNING SECRET.

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt response!

After changing to CLIENT SECRET, the App is working for the webhook integration.

Thanks,
Priyadharshini R

1 Like