Inbox - I was mentioned options

I am aware that you can use the inbox to view only items that you were mentioned in. However, this only includes items that you were mentioned in at the start of an update. If someone @ you in a back and forth in updates, it will not show up in the inbox. Shouldn’t this show up there? It is a really easy to track all communication on a pulse…not just the first time someone @ me if the inbox was set up to track everything that I was mentioned in. As a manager, following all of the items that I need to be on top of are hard, but this seems like a super simple way to achieve that.

3 Likes

Yes, this would be very helpful. I didn’t even really realise this was the case as I have been clicking on the notification from the bell. Would make life so much easier for any @ mentions to be in the inbox!

3 Likes

@monday any updates on getting this taken care of?

1 Like

PLEASE, this fix would be very helpful. ANY UPDATE

1 Like

Can we please get responses to updates to show up in the Inbox? Our team really needs this feature.

We actually had a problem in our office due to mis-communication because a reply to a Monday update did not appear in the inbox.

Exotic features such as integrations are great but basics like this are missing from the existing software.

Can replies to Updates please be included in the Inbox ASAP? We need it immediately.

1 Like

Yes, would love an update about this really important change that should be made.

URGENT! - IMPORTANT FOR REMOTE WORKING

Monday.com seem to be in a frenzy of issuing new features to enable Remote Working (Working From Home or WFH) through this weird Coronavirus period.

I’ve received emails from them trumpeting their latest achievements but this one is conspicuous by its absence.

Replies to Updates in our Inboxes is a 12 month old Feature Request still waiting for some love.

We have all our staff working remotely and collaborating intensively via Monday updates.

However Monday does not put Replies to Updates in our Inboxes so we’re missing vital messages throughout each day. Yes, there’s the Notification bell but that’s personal and we’re tracking all updates as a team in our Inboxes on a separate external monitor.

Can Monday management please prioritize this feature request and assign it to a Monday dev team as a “low cost” feature enhancement?

Please get this implemented for Monday 20 April 2020 so we can Work From Home more productively.

2 Likes

Hi @JohnW

Thanks for sending that. I don’t know if you can read our minds but our product team discussed this very point today and it will be fixed in the upcoming weeks so watch this space :wink:

Thanks
Julia

2 Likes

yes! We have been asking for this forever! We actually stopped using the inbox because of this reason.

1 Like

Thanks @Julia-monday.com . Great news.

I’ll let my team know so we can keep their respective blood pressures under control until it’s implemented.

It took months to get them fully engaged in using Monday. Actually took a global pandemic to get them there. Now I want them to fully embrace it.

I assume it will be announced via the What’s New (red dot) feature in the desktop version of Monday?

Hi @Julia-monday.com! We really need this too. Is this fix still being rolled out?

For me personally I the @ in updates or comments should be notified via the bell since this is a personal and action-needed notification.
The inbox I see more as an update section that keeps you up to date with everything happening on boards. There is another related topic in this Inbox vs. Notifications

Hi everyone! Thanks for circling back to this issue. Our team is considering and collecting feedback on the Inbox to revamp this in Q4. Adding replies to updates “I was mentioned” is not a quick win in terms of effort so we are looking critically at all components to improve this area in general as well as the relationship with Bell Notifications. Once we have made some progress with clearer picture, I’ll be sure to share :slight_smile: In the meantime, check out the “I was mentioned” widget on our dashboards. You can create an entire dashboard for communication using this widget as well as board updates. Keep the feedback coming our way - it is so valuable!
Cheers,
Laura

Thanks - but this widget unfortunately just doesn’t work as well as the requested Inbox feature. Please strongly consider adding for Q4.

Has there been any development on this feature, it really would work quite well, I know it is a functionality of Asana’s.

Has there been an update on this request?

My team would like to see @mentions after the initial show up in the inbox. Monday.com please help!