Include formula columns in automation recipes

Hi there - I also need the automation as soon as possible. Still waiting…

Really need this automation ability as well as on Mirrored Collumns.

@Julietteb It was added to the “LONG TERM ROADMAP” 4 years ago and still nothing has happened, do you have a date for 2024?

With this amount of votes and responses I am shocked this hasn’t been fixed!

2 Likes

Including formula columns in automation recipe is on the roadmap for 2024! Our automations teams has added the ability to include formula columns in automation recipe to it upcoming developments plan and are aiming to begin releasing the capabilities towards the middle of the year, but are not yet able to commit to an exact date.

I will provide an update when the timeline is finalized, so make sure you have your notifications turned on for this post.

8 Likes

For those exploring this thread hoping to find a way to implement formulas in automation and are tired of waiting, look no further. (No, this isn’t native monday, but it’s as close as can be!)

CarbonToolbelt provides this exact functionality, albeit slightly different than monday’s native formula column.

You’re able to trigger formulas based on actions, perform the calculation, and then store the result in your desired column. This means you’re now able to mirror this data and use it deeper in your workflow.

Aside from formula capabilities, the toolbelt has 20+ other automation recipes that’ll unlock thousands of possibilities within your monday workflows.

Some notable capabilities:

:hammer_and_wrench: Date Changes - Push dates forward while keeping set times intact

:hammer_and_wrench: Formulas & Calculations - Break free from formula column limitations. Store calculated values anywhere.

:hammer_and_wrench: Item Updates - Copy-paste updates, move items, and create custom checklists

:hammer_and_wrench: Required Columns - Check for required column values and establish clear SOPs

:hammer_and_wrench: Manipulate Columns - Automatically copy, change, and update columns and mirrored columns.

:hammer_and_wrench: Assign People - Assign a person or team intuitively with automation triggers

Add to monday.com

Check out our support playlist for walkthroughs:

Merci Juliette.

Added my vote to this. I just put in a bunch of work to solve a problem raised by the team under the assumption that I could trigger automation based on formula values and … was disappointed. Glad to see this is on roadmap though. Curious when in 2024 this is planned.

Hey there,

Autoboost now knows to do just that.
Let me know if you need any help.

Hey Rodney,

Autotest - High Level - (take formula column from board to native columns and automations - Holy $%*!) - 2 April 2024 | Loom.

Hey Shiro,

Hey there,

1 Like