Inclusion of hours in Timeline selection

We love that we can now include the hour in a deadline/due date. But we would love to have that ability also for the timeline start and end dates/times.

As an example, we need to track the times that our researchers are out doing interviews. This is partly for project flow, but also for staff safety so that we know when to expect to finish since they are going into people’s homes. Since an interview happens on a single day, timeline on a day basis isn’t sufficient to know when they will be in and out. Also, if they have multiple interviews in a day, we can’t see which order they occur in. So having start and end times within a day would be really helpful for planning interviews and tracking staff.

I’m sure this would also be helpful for task management when planning discrete tasks that need to happen at certain times in other projects, sort of like a mini calendar. And depending on the timeline/calendar view used, you could see an overview on a day-to-day basis or get more granular for an hour-to-hour basis.

2 Likes

Hey @Glenda,

Welcome to the community :dizzy:

Thanks for the feedback - I think you’re asking for an hourly view of the timeline and that’s something we’ve heard from other users!

We’re going to be making some improvements for resource planning in the near future so I do think this is one of the features which will be considered as part of those. Stay tuned for updates!

In the meantime, does a combination of the date column with time and the calendar view help?

Love this idea for an hourly timeline option and glad to hear it’s on the plans @Julia-monday.com. For us it would be great in partnership with the dependency columns for our event days. Would allow us to ensure the agenda is well organised and timed well.

1 Like

We are currently using the date column with time and the calendar view to manage this. The catch is that with this approach it only shows up as a 1/2 hour block, yet our interviews can go for anywhere from 1-2 hours, so it doesn’t fully demonstrate the time commitment for the task.

As a workaround, we’ve added two additional hour columns for Start and Finish, so that in Table view we can see how long they will be at the interviews. But it’s clunky this way so a timeline hourly view would be much better.

1 Like