Inclusion of hours in Timeline selection

Hello All

Any update on this feature as well?

Regards

4 Likes

Hello - adding the ‘end time’ to the date column would work wonderful for us also. Any update here?

thank you!

1 Like

Just to add to the above - this would really useful. Any update @brett-monday.com would be greatly appreciated. Would be happy to join an alpha.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hello, I come from the future to let you know we are still waiting for this critical feature.

@brett-monday.com Hi Bret, Our company has just joined to Monday and we are struggling to plan our projects without the ability to visualise in the timeline column any task that last less than a day. For example, I am working in 20 different task (each task last about 1.5 hours ) It would be extremely useful to visualize in the timeline all my task assuming a working day of 7.5 hours so I would be able to see I will be busy for the next 4 days, and if I get stuck in one task I could just move all my remaining task forward. For now we are trying to find a non elegant workaround (luckily we got several engineers that are helping), but, as Project Manager and Team Leader, I can confirm this is an important missing one.

Two years and no updates about an obvious and highly requested feature. Customers are here taking their time to explain how important this feature is and not even a message to say “sorry, it is not in the plans for now”. Be transparent! Respect our time!

That’s why open-source software and services have so much space in the market.

2 Likes

Two years requesting this? really?. Our company just joined Monday, and as project manager I was hopping they move quickly (in particular for those request that make sense and are kind of obvious). Come on!, no one in Monday realised that some task requieres less than one day?. ugggggghhh. Does anyone know any other application that can achieve this? I don’t want to come back in two years time writing the same as you.

1 Like

Hi there, I really need this feature too. We would like to manage time on machines in our manufacturing facility. Often a task can run between 3-40 hours. I want to show in either the ‘workload view’ or the ‘timeline view’ exactly when a task is due to start and finish. Currently I have a numbers column showing the number of hours, and a timeline column for the dates it runs over, but I am unable to accurately show in the timeline when one task finishes and the next begins. I’m also unable to set max workload by the day, only the week. Ideally I would say each machine can run for maximum 24 hours a day, 6 days a week, to show clashes with the schedule.

Thanks, and eagerly awaiting this feature!

Hi, do we know when this will likely hit the live systems
? I have been trying to create something similar but with zero success
 Trying to create a cutover plan based on hourly tasks feeding into the main board; do not want to head back to Excel yet again

Regards

Barry

Adding my voice to this too. Clickup has the feature. Is there an ETA?
Many thanks

Hi team this would be amazing is there any update on when this will be available?

Any further updates to this? I’m a new user and I can’t figure out a way to do this. We need to have about 3-4 hour time blocks in our workflow that need to be synced to a calendar (these are scheduled meetings) and I haven’t found a good way to create this.

Any updates/ETA about this?

1 Like

any updates for this? The request is years ago

I’m here for tasks that take less than a day. That’s the whole reason I’m trying to use a project planning system.

Hi @brett-monday.com, @Julia-monday.com,

Any news on this request? Do we know if it’s on the roadmap? What can we expect?

I’m currently trying to find workarounds with different external calendars integrations but it’s not good enough for the teams I’m trying to integrate with. It’s currently the only huge obstacle to adoption I have to deal with when trying to deploy Monday in all our teams.

We would really need this feature to see the light of day on Monday’s side (and not through integrations to external calendars). I believe I could make it work either through timelines or date columns but we would at least need one of the two options.

I assume that the feature must be very complicated to develop and I understand that there are not that many votes tied to this ongoing thread but I believe that everyone could benefit from a feature like this one.

Could we at least get an idea of where Monday as a company stands on this particular feature?

Thanks!

1 Like

Adding my voice and vote here. The ability to have an hourly timeline view would be absolutely amazing.

Hi Team,
Would be really great to be able to do this. @Julia-monday.com @brett-monday.com

Wev’e recently signed up and would love to see this function created. The ability to have an hourly timeline view would be absolutely amazing. I currently have a Calendar Dashboard set up for major projects showing time lines but they all sit bunched up the top and not spread out amongst the day. Its not easy to navigate this way. Thankyou

up! this is a dealbreaker if not implemented soon. We have several designers planning up to hundreds of orders with small design jobs , ranging from 30min to 6h in workload, throughout the week. I also need to plan bigger projects in between those urgent recurring jobs and monitor overall workload of staff. not having these show up as timeblocks in the calendar is a nightmare. (or being able to rearange by the hour in workload view)
I consider swithing to clickup just because of this one (obvious) feature. Nobody in our industry plans in days, timelines should have the option to start and end on set time(hour) not only days.