Organisational Wikis with Monday.com

Our team wants to create an organisational wiki. A place to record how we do stuff in our business.

Some project management tools have this functionality built into their system, such as ClickUp and Notion. Monday.com doesn’t currently have a wiki functionality…

Or does it?

Is anybody out there using Monday.com to create an internal wiki somehow? Maybe it’s through an integration or within Monday.com directly.

I’d love to hear your suggestions!

7 Likes

I would also be interested in this question

1 Like

While monday currently doesn’t have a wiki feature, most of our clients still use it as a Digital Asset Management tool (DAM) and also for SOPs. I think the only time monday isn’t as well suited is when you want to create a step by step guide with images on one page. In which case most people create a Google Doc and link it to the Item.

Our company still uses Confluence when we need this type of step by step documentation, but monday is great for pretty much everything else you would want in a wiki. Especially with the awesome Search Everything, Files View, etc.

2 Likes

Hey @TheOtherPM, have you thought about making a board as an organizational wiki? Many companies do this, and they’ll make each item a process, and the steps for that process will go into the updates section or as subitems. Any relevant files or documentation could go into a files column.

What do you think? Let me know!

2 Likes

Hi @TRB-monday.com - Are there any plans to release a Wiki Documents style view, where we can craft HTML documents and have them connected to an item natively in monday?

1 Like

We’re also exploring using monday to house some wiki-style content on a more limited basis while still maintaining most organizational documents in Confluence. I think if we had some rich-text formatting available in the long-text column that would make the use case more relevant… there’s not a great way to represent big chunks of text currently.

1 Like

I hate having multiple systems for information. Monday ticks all the boxes accept one single thing- a WIKI function!!! It should not be a large lift to integrate, you already have users, rights, views etc. If we can get away from Confluence- Monday would be a KILLER app…

2 Likes

Hey TheOtherPM!

As an alternative, you can use monday com’s built-in Digital Asset Management (DAM) tool for creating internal wikis and managing your team’s processes or files in one collaborative space. This way, you can speed up process approvals and edits. Your in-house professionals can collaborate and communicate directly on your files to lessen feedback loops. Also, they can avoid the back-and-forth switch with smart notifications and transparent status updates. Moreover, you can set permissions to make sure only the right people access and edit files—whether freelancers, stakeholders, or clients. DAM tool allows you to store your business data confidently on a platform that’s aligned with robust security measures. monday.com consultants from the right services provider can provide assistance related to DAM tool implementation in monday com.

Regards
Neelam B
Damco Solutions
Phone: +1 609 632 0350 | Email : info@damcogroup.com