Internal server error 500

Hi, I got an Internal server error when I tried to execute this query:

mutation { change_multiple_column_values ( board_id: 963903793, item_id: 999869388, column_values: "{\"person\":{\"personsAndTeams\":[]},\"date4\":{\"date\":\"2021-01-14\"},\"status\":{\"label\":\"Working on it\"},\"phone\":{\"phone\":\"2345533455\",\"countryShortName\":\"NG\"}}" ) { id } }

And I tried to execute it again without make changes on it, and I got successfully response.

Hey @f2yez :wave:

That sounds a bit odd! Just to make sure we’re on the same page here, were there any other API calls running in the meantime as you’ve experienced this behaviour?

To clarify further, are you currently attempting to clear the people column values with your API mutation? I’d love to understand the use case as much as possible in order to figure this out.

-Alex

Hi @AlexSavchuk, thanks for your replay.

I’m not sure because multiple parallels events can invoke the api at the same time to update different item rows in same or different boards, so I think yes but the process not on the same item.

Yes I’m trying to update multiple columns in item.

Thanks!

@f2yez

Thank you for clarifying further! To confirm my understanding a bit further, does the issue seem to persist still?

As I wasn’t able to reproduce this behaviour on my end, I do think it might be related to the volume of calls being made. Does this error re-occur if you send the same API call, without using other API calls at the same time?

-Alex

1 Like

I think it was happened because I sent many parallel requests (fetch and update items).

1 Like

@f2yez

Got it, that might definitely be a potential cause here. We do recommend limiting the number of API calls you’d be making in parallel to avoid errors like this one. Thanks for keeping us in the loop here, and if this happens to occur again in the future, just drop us a line :slight_smile: I hope for a smooth sail for your API connections from here onward, though.

-Alex

1 Like

I will, but I think it’s impossible because I’m working on multi-tenant app (serving multiple accounts and multiple boards for each account), so I should listen and handle the all event that comes from them.

All right, but I would expect the API to reply with a clear message instead of a general error 500.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.