Internal Server Error when querying items with updates with replies

I am collecting some data from Monday for a report that upper management wanted.
Up until last week, everything was working fine. Now I am getting an internal server error when requesting pages of data. It loads some pages but eventually returns a code 500 internal server error. I thought maybe I was requesting too much data or a record that was deleted and somehow causing a crash but I haven’t been able to narrow down the cause.

This is the query I was trying:

query GetItemsWithUpdates($limit: Int, $ids: [Int]){
  items(limit: $limit ids: $ids){
    id
    updates{
        id
        item_id
        creator_id
        created_at
        updated_at
        replies{
          id
          creator_id
          created_at
          updated_at
      }
    }
  } 
}

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

hi @Jeremy02

Welcome to the community. Most of the times 500 means there is something wrong with your query (escaping is the most common issue). As you say your query is / was running fine I can only think of one other situation where you get 500’s. That’s when monday.com is “overloaded”. As there are some issues today it is very well possible that this is a temporary error.

1 Like

Hello @Jeremy02,

You missed a comma between $limit and ids:
The items arguments are supposed to look like this:

items(limit: $limit, ids: $ids){

Hey @Jeremy02 :wave:

I do think this might be related to some connectivity issues on our end that are occurring this week. You can track those on our Status page, linked below with the specific incident:

Connectivity issues

I’m sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused. I also recommend giving @kolaai’s suggestion a shot, although you’ve mentioned the query was running without issues previously.

I hope this helps!

-Alex

It may have been a combination of all of these. I added a comma just in case and reduced the quantity and frequency of my requests. I only performed 1 test run but it worked. Thanks everyone.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.