Is it possible to auto-sort pulses/items?

Hi!

We have many boards that are sorted by due date, not by date a pulse was entered. Is it possible for the board to auto-sort by date any time a new pulse is added?

Example: I add a high urgency project to a board for our design team, but it automatically lives at the bottom of the group. I’d like this to move up in the queue without my having to click the sort option at the top of the column.

Thanks!

8 Likes

i would love this one!
i have made a request for this one!
@Julia-monday.com

this is in the roadmap?

2 Likes

I’m eager to see this one in Monday also.

2 Likes

For now, If I needed that function I would make a date column for “assigned on” or something like that. Then you could easily sort by that.

1 Like

Would love this too. We have lots of boards where pulses are created by automations and integrations so it would be great if they could be auto sorted by our priority status column.

2 Likes

This is definitely a need! @Tom-monday.com any possibility this will be implemented soon? Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

:rofl: I requested this feature as well through email. Even though I used it more as a playful way into getting our teammates to use Monday.com I found it as an actual useful tool like you just mentioned @mkingsland

The way I initially used it was to have all our team mates vote for a restaurant they’d all like to eat at. I wanted the most voted items to be able to climb to the top and have them get excited.

• I love that idea!
  • Is this what you are using Monday.com for??

0 voters

Tweak… While an default/auto sort would be nice; to me, an even better feature would be a way to save a board’s table view based on the current sort. That way, the user isn’t stuck with one auto-sort view.

4 Likes

@jontc — That’d be a flexible implementation. I like this idea.

Hey @jontc we actually do have this functionality via the use of creating views! If you filter the board, you can save that to a new view and go to that view for the specific filter :slight_smile:

As for the sorting of columns, this is something we are looking into everyone! We appreciate all of the feedback :slight_smile:

You could filter the board by the Creation Log column for the time being!

1 Like

Hi Brett, Is there any update on this feature?

Thank you

1 Like

Hi @brett-monday.com,

Do you have any updates or timeline on when the auto sort feature will implemented? We are new to Monday.com and we absolutely love the platform but with the nature of our marketing business we are constantly closing tasks when completed and within our completed board any new tasks that are added appear at the bottom.

We understand there is a sort feature which you can click on each time but I think this would be a “quality of life” adjustment for when we check our boards they are automatically sorted without the need of any manual interaction. It can become a pain if we are checking these boards more than once per day.

Thanks

2 Likes

I was about to submit a new feature request when I noticed this has already been suggested. One extra detail that I had is that the “auto sort” (or “persistent sort” as I was going to call it) should be saved against the views of the board - so you could auto-sort one view by one set of rules and another view by another set of rules.

2 Likes

It looks like there is a new Sort button but it is still only doing a one-time sort, even though the action item says “Save to board”. So the way it reads to me is that it seems like this functionality has been added but isn’t currently working?

Sort button:
Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 3.38.52 PM

Action text:
Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 3.39.33 PM

2 Likes

I also just noticed this appear, but have also noticed it does not appear to be working (if it is intended to be auto-sort). It does a manual sort, but new items being added and changed items are not sorted automatically, and it doesn’t “remember” what you sorted by so it doesn’t make it a 1 click sort either. I hope this is an auto-sort feature that’s just broken, rather than simply being a new interface to the same old manual sort we already had.

1 Like

With any luck this will be an auto pulse sort :smile:

3 Likes

@brett-monday.com can you let us know if the new sort button will eventually have persistent/auto-sorting of the board? It looks like you can “save to table” a sort but once you save the new sort it disappears and reverts to a one-time sort. Is this the desired functionality of this button or will it be built out to actually save sorts?

1 Like

We too, would love the ability for the auto-sort for the same reason that others have shared. Will look forward to seeing this soon (fingers crossed).

1 Like

Yes! This is a needed feature. If a teammate adds a pulse with a status of “Urgent” (vs. “Important” for example") I want that to automatically pop to the top of the group, not wait for me to re-sort the pulses to see it. Hoping this is in the woks and active soon!

1 Like