Is it possible to auto-sort pulses/items?

With any luck this will be an auto pulse sort :smile:

3 Likes

@brett-monday.com can you let us know if the new sort button will eventually have persistent/auto-sorting of the board? It looks like you can “save to table” a sort but once you save the new sort it disappears and reverts to a one-time sort. Is this the desired functionality of this button or will it be built out to actually save sorts?

1 Like

We too, would love the ability for the auto-sort for the same reason that others have shared. Will look forward to seeing this soon (fingers crossed).

1 Like

Yes! This is a needed feature. If a teammate adds a pulse with a status of “Urgent” (vs. “Important” for example") I want that to automatically pop to the top of the group, not wait for me to re-sort the pulses to see it. Hoping this is in the woks and active soon!

1 Like

We also need this feature. One option to realize this might be to use the automation … “when prio changes sort column descending” . Unfortunately, the sort feature is not available via automation … but this might also be a way to realize this feature. Other apps do it like that.

1 Like

I’ve posted a more specific list of suggestions related to this post here: Bigger, Badder, More Better Sorting

3 Likes

@sean01844 @SueJ
Hi all,
You can use 1View app to solve this issue.
Watch this demo to see how it works and with just 2 clicks you can add it to your monday account easily.
You can read more about this on here.

1View is still in its early stages and send your suggestions, feature requests and bug reports to support@serandibsoft.com.

3 Likes

But the sort doesn’t save. If anything new is added you have to re-do the whole process of entering sorting fields.

It is really a simple ask and I can’t understand why something so simple would take so long.

2 Likes

We’ve been trialing Monday recently and were just about to jump on board (and make the switch from Asana/Notion), but this lack of sorting feature is 100% a dealbreaker for us. There’s no way we can use Monday if we can’t automatically sort task lists by date.

I actually don’t understand what the ‘Save’ sort feature does? It seems like it does nothing at all?

The rest of the features and integrations/automations in Monday seem amazing, but it’s incredibly surprising that such a basic feature (that is available on literally every other project/task management platform) is missing from a system that has so many integration and automation options.

7 Likes

Agreed, @Dan_T. The “save sort” feature is incredibly misleading, if it does anything at all. It is a constant source of frustration, confusion, and miscommunication on my team. Really frustrating.

2 Likes

You have my vote on this one, auto-sort is a must !

1 Like

This would be a great feature to have! Any update from any Monday.com representative would be appreciated.

This now appears to be happening!

Thank you monday!

(it would be nice if you let us know about changes like this.)

1 Like

You’re right. It seems that the sort is automatically being applied whenever I access a view, but not automatically changing while I am within the view. Which I think is a really smart solution. Is that how it’s working for you?

Mostly yes.

The coolest part is that if another user add/changes an item it will be inserted/moved to the proper place in the view you have immediately.

This doesn’t appear to work in the Main Table view for some reason. The only way around this, as far as I can see, is to create a duplicate view and create the sort on that.

1 Like

I agree. I can’t seem to save on “Main Table” view either. Is this something that can happen?

Agreed. I CANNOT believe this doesn’t work already. Having to sort every time defeats the purpose. I want upcoming pulses to bubble to the top. Not be mixed in among others with random due dates

It’s great that it works for the main items now, but the fact that I can’t do this for subitems is really frustrating. We need to have the subitems auto-sort whenever a new task gets added.

1 Like

I think its not totally working for main items, i can set the order criteria, it automatically sort the items when added, but when i go out the main view, and go back, the sort configuration i have previously set is not there, and the only options to keep it saved is creating a new view, and i dont want it.