Is it possible to manipulate the existing values for a status or dropdown column?

I was wondering if it’s possible to update the “existing” values for a status or dropdown column using the API. For example, if we have a status column named “Stage” that has possible values of “Ready”, “Editing”, and “Finished”, I would like to programmatically add a possible value called “Draft”.

Hey there,

Dipro here – at the moment this isn’t possible. In order to add a new value to the Dropdown or Status column, you’d need to edit its column settings (columns > settings_str).

That said, this is on the roadmap. Can you tell me more about the use case here?

Cheers,
Dipro

I would definitely look forward to this feature. Our use case is that we are updating values in Monday based on new values we receive in our system. Sometimes, the enumerated values need to be updated if a new value has come into our system. It would be nice to programmatically update the list of possible values in Monday to match instead of manually going to the platform.

Hey @dturcanbbi – thanks for letting us know!

What are the values you’re getting and keeping track of? Are they statuses as part of a larger workflow?

Cheers,
Dipro