Is it possible to notify a Team via API?

Hi All,

my first post in the forum so please bear with me. :blush:

I want to send a notification to a team just like you can do through the UI via @TeamABC, but as far as I can see it is only possible to choose user_id as identifier for the graphql mutation. Is it possible to address a team somehow?

My workaround so far is to extract all the users for a given team and notify them one-by-one, but it is not very elegant.

Hi @Lennart,

Welcome to the community! :cowboy_hat_face:

Unfortunately, no, at this time you can’t send a notification to a team via the API. You can view all of the available team mutations here, and like you mentioned, the create_notification mutation only accepts user_ids.

Your workaround would be the best solution available for now. I have put in a request for this feature, though!

Please reach out with any other questions.

Best,
Rachel

1 Like

Could you attach with that, the ability to also send an array of user/team IDs to notify? This way the iteration of sending them all can happen on the backend and we don’t have to put as much load on the API servers (and consume as much API complexity).

1 Like

Hey @codyfrisch,

We already have a feature request open for that, so I just went ahead and added your vote to it! :slight_smile:

Best,
Rachel

1 Like