Is there a way to have automatons apply only to certain groups on a board?

Specifically, I’d like to be able to use the “Every time period clear column” automation and have different groups on the same board have the status column cleared at different time intervals (daily for certain groups, weekly for others, etc).

1 Like

You could try using multiple columns (staggered) based on being cleared weekly or daily and if applicable you could restrict visibility to those columns by subscriber. I currently am not aware of any automation at the group level and tried to figure out how you could use another status column along with date columns to trigger that desired automation, if achievable would likely be too complicated.

Hey @jstreight, good question! Like @Aksalano mentioned, automations don’t currently function at the group level, but using status triggers is often a good way to get automations to apply differentially to groups and items. This use case sounds a little complicated so feel free to write in to support@monday.com and I’d love to see what we can do to help :blush:

1 Like