Issue querying with Google Apps Script

Wondering if there’s anything wrong with my query in trying to pull users from the v2 API or if it’s a Google Apps Script issue. I keep getting “No query string was present” as my response when executing this code.

Hey @don-ts ,

in your query you shouldn’t insert the newline command.
You can either write it like this to make it readable:

query { 
  users{
    id
    email
  }     
} 

or just:

query { users{ id email } }

Greetings

Hey @don-ts - could you try @TMNXT-Dev’s suggestion and let us know if it helped?

Best,
Daniel

Oh, thanks all for the replies! Sorry for the really late response…

I recently tried both suggestions and they still return that response. The query I initially posted was generated from some site which allows me to test queries and it worked there, but when I copied into Google Apps Script I get that error. Maybe it really is a Google Apps Script issue?

Anyway, the purpose of this is so I can add a new employee’s monday ID into our db, particularly after a new user in our workspace gets created. If there’s a sort of webhook that detects when new users get added onto Monday.com, I’d love to know.

Hey @don-ts,

while I don’t have an answer regarding the webhook, you could try and copy this query:

`query { 
  users(newest_first: true){
    created_at
    id
    email
  }
}`

Greetings

1 Like

Figured it out… the query itself wasn’t the issue.

The key “body” was actually supposed to be called “payload” for Google Apps Script.

Again, thanks for your help!

2 Likes

Interesting, thanks for the update :slight_smile:

1 Like

@don-ts I’m glad you wer e able to tackle this on your own, that’s awesome! Definitely something to keep in mind, I love that share!

-Alex

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.