Item not found by api

Hey everyone,

When we query an item by its name, the result is empty, but the item its there!. Funny enough we made a query with its id and we get the data for that item.

The query we use is:

query_items_by_value = ‘’‘query {
items_by_column_values (board_id: 6666666, column_id: “name”, column_value: “101_44.01”) {
name
id
column_values{
value
title
type
id
}}
group{
title
id
}
}
}
‘’’

Hey @Carlos-i,

By any chance do you know if this item has been deleted or archived?

-Daniel

Hi and thank you @dsilva,
Well the item is definitely not deleted, and I checked and it is not archived (Correct me if I am wrong but if it was archived the item would not be in the board, right?)

Carlos

Thank you for confirming! You are correct that archived items would not be visible on the main board.

Just to confirm - you can find the item if you run the 'query items by column value' query, but you cannot find it if you try to find it by it’s name?

Could you share the query you’re running when trying to find it by it’s name? I’ll try to re-create on my end.

-Daniel

Hi @dsilva, I found the item with this :

query_item = ‘’’
query {
items (ids: [2348328478}]) {
name
id
}
}
‘’’
But if I use the query:

query_items_by_value = ‘’‘query {
items_by_column_values (board_id: 6666666, column_id: “name”, column_value: “101_44.01”) {
name
id
}
}

the list items_by_column_values was empty, and big news, today I tried again and it worked, so I do not know what happend.

Carlos

Hey @Carlos-i,

did you try your querys in the API Playground?

I tryed your queries and there are some typos in them (A curly bracket to much/at the wrong place). Also the double quotes are have to have the right format.

But maybe I’m wrong and you didn’t copy them and just typed in a hurry.

Greetings

1 Like

Hi @TMNXT-Dev
Thank you for your time. Actually I do not use API Playground, I did however a little script with python.

Yeah sorry I copied it, but edit it on a hurry, But like I said since yesterday it works fine with both queries, altough the error last at least one hour this monday.

Greetings

Hey @Carlos-i - thank you for providing that query. I tried running it on my account and wasn’t able to re-create that behavior. Is this still working correctly now?

I’m thinking this might be a one off issue - if this happens again could you please let us know the date/time it happened? That way we can try looking at the logs on our end and see if anything stands out.

-Daniel

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.