Items by multiple column values query doesn't return all matching items

When item is created on the board, it takes about 30s for the item to be returned by items_by_multiple_column_values call.
Delay makes it difficult/impossible to use to reflect current status of the board.

Is that long delay expected? Can it be reduced to maybe 1 or 2 seconds?

Steps to reproduce (always):

• Create item A on the board.
  • Run items_by_multiple_column_values.
  • New item A is not returned by the call - I was expecting the item to be returned, because it is present on the board.
  • Wait about 30 seconds.
  • Call items_by_multiple_column_values again, and item A is returned as expected.
1 Like

Hey @Andrzej :wave:

At this time, I’m afraid this is considered a known behavior. Items by column values is a higher-complexity operation that requires our servers to load the data and then filter it accordingly for you, and as such, it can take a longer time to perform.

In cases when you create the item, you can always return the column values of the item as you create it, which will return the data of the item instantly.

Otherwise, would you be able to clarify your use case? I’d love to learn a little more about the specifics of what you are trying to accomplish, as perhaps there are other ways to achieve what you are looking for. Otherwise, I’d be happy to pass the feedback along to our product team to review.

-Alex