Link a sub-item from board A to an item from board B

Hello everyone,

Do you know if it is possible when I create a subitem in board A for example, it automatically create a item in board B with same information ?

thank you very much,

Corentin

1 Like

Hey @corentin.dalfarra,

Not possible at the moment, although it’s something we’re looking to do in the future! Keep checking custom automations, as we continue to add more support for subitems with those.

Feel free to write to us (at support@monday.com) as well in case we can give you more detailed support with your specific workflow.

Hello @TRB-monday.com

Thank you for your answer, I will wait for new product release then.

Have a great day,
Corentin

Something I’d also be interested in!

@corentin.dalfarra @Tudor @TRB-monday.com

This is achievable now! You just have to trigger it with a Status change. See automation which supports subitems:
“When status changes to something, create an item in board”.

So define all of your subitem columns on board A, make sure they are present on board B and the fill out the automation. Have a status column in your subitems that says something like “Create” as a trigger and you should be all set.

What is still though, missing in the ability to link them via the “Connect Boards” column like you can with parent items. But if you just want to create a new item from a subitem Monday now allows that.