As a project manager, items from one project are connected to items from another project. Sometimes, I don’t need robust column mirroring but I still need a way of quickly showing that an item in Board A is related to an item in Board B.
- I copy the URL of an item in Board A
- I hover over another item in Board B with my cursor
- I paste the URL from my clipboard onto the task in focus
- A new column populates with the name of the “Connected item”
- I click that name and get sent to the item in Board A.
- Board A shows me the name of the Connected Item in Board B
CURRENT STATE / WORKAROUND
- Copy URL of Item P
- Paste URL of Item P into the comment section of Item Q
- Copy the URL of Item Q
- PAste that URL into the comment section of Item P
This is a pretty standard feature. Both ClickUp and Trello have it (see Trello)