Linking webhook to AWS lambda

Hi everyone. I want to link AWS lambda to Monday.com webhook. i am beginner so any help would be useful thanks!

current codes (python3.7)
import json

def lambda_handler(event, context):
challenge : event[‘challenge’]
if 'challenge’in event:
return
{
‘statusCode’:200,
‘body’:json.dumps(challenge[event:‘challenge’])
}
else:
pass

while these codes passed in aws, i can’t seem to connect to Monday.com webhook. any help would be great;; thanks!

Hey Lydia, welcome to the community! I have a few questions to better understand the situation here.

What are you looking to do with the monday.com API and AWS Lambda?

Have you generated a URL that is connected to your Lambda function? You need to supply the webhook with a URL to send requests to, and this URL should be generated from your AWS account.

On a separate note, have you tried building this with an integration app with a Custom Action instead? The Custom Action solution would let you specify what data is sent to your Lambda code, and you wouldn’t have to worry about the challenge-response flow.

hi dipro! i want to create a board whenever a new item is added into a separate board.
yup i have generated a url through the API Gateway on AWS.
i have not tried with the integration app with a Custom Action. i have not very sure haha;; but i would be interested in knowing!

thanks for answering!

Hey @lydia :wave:

I’m glad Dipro was able to shed a bit more light on this! I was just wondering if you had the chance to take a look at our custom trigger tutorial with the custom integration app block, as it should guide you through the steps you can take in order to set this up?

https://monday.com/developers/apps/custom-trigger

-Alex