Location Column Not Actually Supported in 2 Way Sync with Google Calendar

According to this Google Calendar integration article from monday, the location column is supported with 2 way sync to google calendar. In reality, that is not actually the case… It simply does not appear as an option when creating the event details in the recipe. I converted the location column to a text column, which could be connected to the sync recipe.

Using the location column allows us to add a map view to our board, which is very useful for reporting. Converting the location column to text makes it so the map view on the board no longer works.

Hi @MarkP! We apologise for any confusion caused here. At this time, when mapping an item from monday to Google, the location field (on the google calendar side) can be only linked to text column in the platform - not the location column. I can understand the misunderstanding here and will relay this internally. I’ve also shared your feedback with our team. Thanks in advance for your understanding :pray:

Hi Bianca, this is very frustrating not to be able to add the address as a location. Can you please bump this up in support to figure out how to do more than a text column integration? Very basic feature that is needed.