Customize calendar widget colors

My team is in need of the ability to manually select the color that a board displays as in the Dashboard. To minimize visual distraction, we combined all of our work efforts into one master board, but the color that is auto-assigned (even when I duplicate my board and delete the other one in an effort to change the colors, per the direction of support when I emailed) is almost always a very bright pink/red/purple and is difficult to see/read text on across our users screens, when screensharing via Zoom/Skype, or when projecting in large meetings.

It’d be very helpful to be able to change the settings and select what color each Board that is displaying in the Dashboard (specifically the Calendar View) is, to increase the legibility.

Yes, same need here! Please allow users to set the color of each board to enable much more visually efficient timeline and calendar widget. The randomly assigned colors are mostly dark and not easily discernible from project to project (shades of purple/blue and olive green/gray seem to dominate).
Thanks!

3 Likes

My team is also not pleased with the colour selection - has the option been provided now as I’m still struggling to find it :frowning:

3 Likes

same here…I have to compare charts in a dashboard but it’s difficult since they all have the same color (column chart)

3 Likes

Hi!
I have chosen to colour code the calendar in the dashboard according to people, and am surprised to see that the same person receive different colours for items that are in different boards. Can we just one colour for each person (regardless of which board the data is coming from)?

5 Likes

Yes, this feature definitely would help us. I don’t know why and how it decides on what colors to select for each person. This is frustrating that we have no control over changing them. Thanks.

3 Likes

We would love this as well.

2 Likes

Yes please fix this. Currently our board is a combination of grey, brown with black text (illegible) for our most important calendar, and two very similar pink colors for two different calendars. Not ideal haha.

3 Likes

Having the ability to select colors would help us as well.

3 Likes

The fact that this hasn’t been done in 2 years since Jan 2020 is insane to me. Calendar that pulls data from different boards is basically unusable bc the colors that are assigned randomly make not sense to anyone at all.

Please add the manual color selection for items in the calendar board feature ASAP!

5 Likes

Dear Monday gods, pleaaaaaaaaaase add manual colour selection!

I promise, it’ll be the best quick win of 2022 for y’all.

Thanks,
Aidan

3 Likes

I’m a brand new user, just figuring out that this capability doesn’t exist. Definitely a disappointment / frustration. This sort of obvious, minor thing should be a given.

1 Like

Another request for this please! Would be very helpful to have :slight_smile:

1 Like

@monday-team Can we make customizable color-coding on calendar views happen? 42 votes and 2+ years of people requesting. Thanks!

1 Like

@monday-team any update on this? There’s been a lot of radio silence from you on this topic.

1 Like

Given the customization available for sections/groups and drop-downs within boards, it’s VERY hard to believe that this has not been addressed yet. My calendar is auto selecting orange and red for my two main projects which makes me thing they are all on fire/running late. Another project is a dark brown with black text – I saw another user mention they have that as well – and it is really difficult to read.

Please make manual color selection available for calendar dashboards!! Second option would be manually selecting colors for boards that can are reflected across the whole monday interface/widgets.

1 Like

As a brand new customer, it’s extremely disappointing that such a seemingly simple feature has not only not been addressed, but has gone unanswered for two and a half years.

@monday-team is there any update on this?

@monday-team any update?

Monday.com, so disappointing to see that you are not addressing this. I need to be able to change a person’s color on the calendar view. Ugh.

1 Like