Mirror a task on multiple boards with a project column

You could simply have a project column where you chose the board you want a whole task to mirror on and the entire task mirrors on the selected board in one click. Asana has this function and it works effortlessly, this function is the only reason we cannot get our Engineering department over from Asana to Monday. This enables you to see all tasks assigned to your team on every board all in one place and you can work live on them there and there is no need to go search every single board for what is assigned to you. See the screenshot attached showing how Asana does this.

The mirror and link features have their uses but they are also such a cumbersome and tiresome way of mirroring information as you have to select what to link it to etc and you cannot mirror the actual task so you have to type it out again. This does not work when you have projects with hundreds of tasks and for a program that is meant to reduce effort this limited mirror/link function majorly increases ours.

For example, our company is in manufacturing and we make numerous different machines and we have say 50 Parent Projects Boards, one for each machine and each board has hundreds of tasks for each part that is required. Then on top of them we have say 20 other project boards for other work projects. So now we have 70 boards and to find all the tasks assigned to my team I have to go to each board and filter it. Which is just time wasting and inefficient.

I know there is the my week function but that doesn’t display tasks with all the columns of info and it only works if everything has due dates. I know you can also use the search function and see everything assigned to you on every board but you cannot sort, filter or work live in that view.

The attached image shows how Asana completes this function with one simple project column and it is done in one simple click. There is no time wasted typing out the task again, scrolling through all the tasks to find which one to mirror, which columns to mirror etc Asana is smart enough to just figure out which columns are which and places them accordingly even if the the child board has a different order. Also if the child board doesn’t have a column the parent board does it is just smart enough to exclude it.