Monday.com Mobile app Launch from URL

I am currently trying to send out a text message (Twillio) that contains a monday.com link to a board or a pulse which works if viewd on a laptop however on IOS it launchs in your default web browser which instructs you to download the mobile app.

I would like it to instead have it launch the mobile app to that board or pulse.

I have seen it before were it does this with other apps such as instagram or facebook… is there a need url shortcut or extension? Is this possible with the current monday.com app conifguration?

Looking for some way to open a monday.com board or pulse via a text message… Thanks.

Hey @jackjack2202 - can you share an example of this link if you don’t mind?

I know iOS is a bit specific about how it wants URL sometimes in order for it to be ‘caught’ by apps, but I can check in with the team to make sure.

-Daniel

Hello @dsilva

It would be a simple open item link. This way in our use case, a construction worker can click the link in a text / notification and have the monday.com app open to the outstanding items.

Example: monday.com: Where Teams Get Work Done

Hey @jackjack2202 :wave:

I’m afraid that at the time, our iOS app doesn’t support opening from direct web links just yet. This is something we’re aware of on our end, but to be transparent with you, I am not able to commit to an ETA or even a rough timeline just yet.

-Alex

is there any movement on this?

Hello @GoldNetAU!

The app supports opening links to boards and items.

What is your particular use case? Do you have the app installed? What happens when you click on the link to a board or item?

Looking forward to hearing from you :slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers,
Matias

HI All,

I also get the same annoying behavior.

Each time :

• I click on Monday.com link in a team chat (Slack or Teams for instance)
  • MacOS will open it in my default browser (in a new tab)

Contexte :

• Using macOS (up to date)
  • Monday.com macos app is installed.

I wish it could open in the Monday.com app instead of my browser. At the end of the day, I end up with too many session of monday.com opened in my browser for nothing.

Maybe there is a trick or a setting to tweak in macOs to change that behavior ?

Thank you for your help,

Guillaume