Monday for Personal use and Freelancers

How are you finding Asana?

1 Like

I was about to put down my credit card for the Standard tier to use Gantt charts and integrations (which I use to convert story points to timelines to make gantt charts work). Then I saw there’s a 3 seat minimum when subscribing. That’s too expensive for me when I just use Monday to manage my hobby projects, just for me.

Please consider supporting 1-seat subscriptions for the Standard tier.

2 Likes

The free Individual Plan is great for testing, but sooner or later, I’ll hit that 200 items limitation (up to 1000 with referrals), which is definitely not viable for the long run.

I too, would like a paid 1-seat plan.

2 Likes

This is the reason why I have not upgraded to any yearly plan. I really like monday, but its difficult to justify the price for multiple users that I dont need. I only need one users and I dont even need guests, but i need time tracking and other features. Sometimes I wish I saw the license model before investing so much time into this service or I probably would not use my time on it. I almost think it is kind of rude to have an individual plan just to be kind of forced over to a plan where you have to pay for multiple users to use the software since you will be hitting the limits sooner or later.

2 Likes

I posted about the need for an individual plan myself, and ran into this post. I’m glad to see more users feeling for a upgraded individual plan with a price point that makes sense. As much as I love the interface of Monday.com I cannot justify paying for unused seats when I do not plan to have a team. I would prefer to use Monday.com as an individual. After exhausting my 200 items for the free individual plan, I had no choice but to switch to ClickUp. I really hope Monday.com hears the needs of individuals like ourselves because I think they are missing out on a wider market.

Hopefully something can be done about this soon.

1 Like

Same for this. I really want to buy an individual plan, but it make no sense to pay for extra persons that are not there. Hope you can contact me and give me a solution.

It’s amazing that I am looking at this thread that is months old and I’m running into the same issue. On one hand, I understand that Monday.com was really built for teams. That’s why they have minimums. On the other hand, I would like the software to grow with me.

I like the trial of Monday. However, I don’t wish to pay for seats I won’t be using just yet. Not that I can’t extra monthly subscription; I just won’t be in business much longer if I just waste money.

I’m looking at Notion and it looks pretty promising - especially for smaller teams and freelancers.

Me too! Still nothing!
I even emailed about a two person plan and they suggested the 3 person plan which is too expensive.
I don’t even want to use it for a business, I literally just want to use it for household management. I’m happy to pay for it because having a good tool is important to me and there are a lot of features I enjoy, but I’m not sure I am willing to pay THAT much for it.

Hopefully the more people respond to this post the better the chances someone would listen. No other tool works as well as monday, and it sucks that I have to pay for more users than I actually need. Paying for more users makes the price so crazy that I’d have to move to one of the abysmal competitors

I’m also here for this! I’ve used Monday.com with several companies in the past, and I’m a huge fan. But I’m on my own as a freelancer now, and I don’t want to pay for seats that will never be used! I’d absolutely pay for Pro if they offered just 1 seat. I might go with Trello until (fingers crossed) they offer this option.