More functionality for the broadcast view

Continuing the discussion from Broadcasting Dashboards:

would love to have the ability to hide columns on the broadcast view. Just like you can hide from certain team members, would like to be able to choose the option to show or hide on broadcast view.

4 Likes

Speaking of broadcast views…

Is there a way to broadcast only the calendar view? I feel like I’ve done this before but now can’t seem to find how.

For reference: when sharing a project timeline, I’d rather just share with them the calendar view as opposed to the main table version.

Hi @Creative_Mamm_Al

Right now you can just broadcast the table view.

We’ll pass along this feedback though - thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

just giving this thread a little bump rather than create a new thread…

I’d love to see some added functionality:

• be able to exclude certain groups from displaying
  • be able to exclude certain columns from displaying
  • be able to whitelist it (or at the very least, remove the messaging in the top right corner)
  • make the borders slightly thinner
4 Likes

Agree, we would love to use this to share some but not all info with our customers.

1 Like

Hey Naomi and Dan!

We’re considering these options for controlling what data displays on the board. Stay tuned for updates!!

2 Likes

Hello,
is this bug or linked columns doesn’t work in broadcast? This is critical…

Also, any ETA on “controlling what data displays on the board”?

Hey @KamilMark

Right now, mirrored columns won’t show in the broadcast view.

Regarding the ability to control what data shows on broadcast, right now, this isn’t being worked on but we are still considering adding this functionality in the future.

Thanks

As a user, I would really appreciate the capability to format broadcast table layouts with my own CSS/framework.

For example; currently, the broadcast posts as a table with it’s own styling framework. Why not allow admins to apply other layouts and even apply it’s own CSS framework. We use UIKIT in all our solutions and allowing site admins to embed their own styles would allow for style continuity/coherence.

There truly is a LOT once can do with Monday.com’s broadcasting. It can literally be used as a customizable datasource! I see unlimited capabilities here! I could build an intranet on it and embed that into our websites :slight_smile:

Thanks for considering
Danny

2 Likes

I would like to be able to create more than one broadcast views with different filters set on them. Or at least create the broadcast view from not the main board view.

1 Like

Not sure if this is currently possible, but here is a scenario that we are curious about: Our Marketing team keeps a Monday board for our email nurture streams that we have running in Marketo that captures various criteria for the various streams (<-- simple table content, nothing sophisticated). However, we have a Files column where we include the latest jpg screenshot of the email. We were hoping to broadcast this board so our remote sales teams can not only view the criteria, but also click on the thumbnail to view the latest screenshot. However, it looks like the jpg files are not clickable in broadcast mode.

If this is doable, and we’re missing something, please let me know :slight_smile: Otherwise, if this functionality is not available in broadcast mode, I would certainly like to recommend it for future consideration.

Thanks!

Hi

I was wondering if there was any development plans in your road-map to improve the shared board embed views/options ?

For us, Monday.com is pivotal in managing projects and customer data. Having the ability to share some of this data through our client zone (in our website) is becoming just as important. The embed option allows us this flexibility. All that’s missing is better viewing options (layouts, styling …)

I look forward to hearing your response about this.

Danny

Hi Tara
I suggest you “vote” for this up on top here (way on top).
This, I presume, helps Monday.com in deciding what to do next :slight_smile:
Danny

I did not know that you could vote on them - thanks! Although I don’t think 2 votes is going to get anything.

@Julia-monday.com this is following up from my previous post here: Broadcasting Dashboards - #10 by rick

The new sharing feature was released for Dashboards but it did not include the ability to broadcast the view. We would still love this feature as then we would be able to include the dashboard views in our digital signage system in the office (via Rise Vision running on an Amazon Fire Stick).

Is Dashboard broadcasting in the development pipeline or no?

2 Likes

I agree about the number of votes. Hopefully more will vote soon.
Danny

Here’s a few pet peeves with the embed/broadcast view
1- Visitors can’t copy data …
2- It’s not super responsive
3- There’s no formatting options (like hide title)
More to come but this is what I had time to write down now :wink:
Danny

1 Like

Need to have ability to show mirrored columns on Broadcast view!!!
Or is there a way to have an automation when status changes on one board a status changes on another board?

3 Likes

Hi Monday
I’m back :slight_smile:
Was wondering if this feature request is anywhere up in your priorities ?
Re: Better embed options for boards into external websites
We really (I mean REALLY) would like to formatting options with this
Maybe offer Wordpress or Jooma plugins ?
Thanks for considering and letting us know
Danny

2 Likes