Move Add Item to top of group

Some of my groups are getting very long. So, when I want to add an item, I first have to scroll quite a bit to get to to the Add Item box. Is there anyway to move the Add Item box to the top of a group instead of the bottom of the group?

9 Likes

Hi @gbarker121 :wave:

By default the ‘Add item’ button will always appear at the bottom of a group.
I’m afraid at present there isn’t an option to change this to the top of the group.

The closest option to this would be to click on the arrow that appears next to each item name and then add a new item below it.

This would at least save you from needed to scroll to the bottom of the items each time.

I can definitely appreciate how this would be a useful addition to the platform for yourself, and I’m sure for other teams too, so I would highly recommend opening a thread in our Feature Request section.
Here other users who would also like this added to the platform will be able to upvote the feature!
You can find this here: Submit an Idea - monday Community Forum

I hope this helps! Remember to mark as solved if this answers your question :smiley:

Best,
Dani

3 Likes

YES YES YES!! Please add to the top row!! Please!!

2 Likes

@gbarker121 When I right click on a pulse and then left click on Create New Item, I am given the option of Create New Item Above or Create New Item Below. This enables @Dani idea to work quickly and easily. Screenshot: 2021-12-07_10-51-50

That is not a bad work around @Sherry. Thanks!

I’d still like it if the add button was “just there” when I switch to the board (or go to the next group) though. It’s just a better UX to reduce clicks. They add up when you’re doing a lot of data entry. I have put this forward as a feature request btw.

Hi @gbarker121

Thanks so much for putting this forward as a feature request! I can definitely see how this would be a handy addition to the platform for a lot of users :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Best,
Dani

Hi again,

I hope the answers in this thread are useful!
As we haven’t had any updates here, I’m going to go ahead and mark this thread as closed.

If you have any additional questions or you feel your original query wasn’t resolved, please feel free to let us know and we’ll be happy to continue to assist!

Best,

Dani