Multiple quotes from board guests

Hi everyone.

I have a customer who wants to have a board for their bookings. They have suppliers who they want to send bookings to and the suppliers will then provide them with a quote for the booking. The customer doesn’t want each supplier to see other supplier’s quotes, and I’m not sure how to get the quotes onto an item from each supplier without others seeing them. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you so much.

Hi @shaunafitzgoo,

You can add a view to an item called “Quotes & Invoices” from the item view center. You can then edit board permissions (3-dot menu at the top right of the screen on the board page) to make sure suppliers/clients can only see the rows assigned to them within the board.

You can also hide certain columns on the board for users (using the 3-dot menu of each specific column).

Hope this helps!

Jason

Hey @shaunafitzgoo - what @ioi_jason mentions is a good solution however the item view permissions are only applicable if you are on Enterprise (ENT) licensing. There is no way to hide entire rows based on a “people” column unless you are on that tier.

Another way to go about this depending on the information you need to collect from your suppliers is to just give them a Form to fill out to supply the information, this will then show up in the board which they would not need any access to.

If you are ever interested in learning more about the benefits of Enterprise licensing and if they would be a good fit for your business, feel free to reach out any time.

Hope this helps,
Mark
Book a Support Session

1 Like

Hi Mark,

This is a solution I had considered, as a form is what our customer perfers too. But we have a board with the bookings and we would also need a board for answers, as well as a board per booking to facilitate the bookings. Please let me know if you think there is a way around this. It would be great if they could have something like a form view but this just showed up as an update / subitem for each booking item on a board.

Thanks,

Shauna

Thanks @shaunafitzgoo - as it relates to a form view to create updates/subitems this is not currently possible. There may be ways to make it work with bringing make.com into the picture but even then, I hesitate a bit on how exactly that would function properly.

There is likely a solution design out there somewhere - if you could provide some additional information to full process flow it may assist in better suggesting a solution (outside of just upgrading your licensing to ENT).

Thanks!
Mark