My Work Customization: Add ANY column to view, show parent Item name for Sub items

The “My Work” view has the potential to solve many of my problems as a PM, but its first iteration is extremely limited in functionality. At the very least, the ability to add any column to the view would be super appreciated.

Parent Item example: My configuration of My Work pulls items and subitems from a board called “Connect & EMS All Active Projects.” When I click to expand an item, all’s well. But when I click to expand a subitem, it does not show me its parent item name, which renders the view worthless as I have no way of knowing which parent task this subtask corresponds to.

Columns example: My configuration of My Work pulls items and subitems from a board called “EMS/Connect Production Weekly Tasks/Projects.” In this board, we use a Connected Boards column to show which project the item corresponds to. However, the My Work view will not show that column. As with the situation above, this renders the view worthless as I have no way of knowing which project task this item corresponds to.

TL;DR: Please add basic customizations to the My Work view. At the very least, I’d like to at least be able to view all columns when I click on an item. Ideally, I’d also like to be able to have any column show in the main view as well.

I agree. the new My work is great but I need to be able to see the parent item of a sub task I am assigned

1 Like