Nested IF formula formating

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to set a value of a field based on the value of two others fields. I am having trouble formating it properly in monday, also not sure if i should and a Nested IF or SWITCH statement

Basicly, PRIORITY field is defined based on the value EFFORTS and IMPACT

My set of conditions are:

IF Effort = 3 AND Impact = 1:
    Priority = "Very Low"
IF Effort = 3 AND Impact = 2:
    Priority = "Low"
IF Effort = 3 AND Impact = 3:
    Priority = "Moderate"
IF Effort = 2 AND Impact = 1:
    Priority = "Low" 
IF Effort = 2 AND Impact = 2:
    Priority = "Moderate"
IF Effort = 2 AND Impact = 3:
    Priority = "High"
IF Effort = 1 AND Impact = 1:
    Priority = "Moderate"
IF Effort = 1 AND Impact = 2:
    Priority = "High"
IF Effort = 1 AND Impact = 3:
    Priority = "Very High"

Anyone can help ? I cant seem to figure out the syntax…

hi @patmanz

Welcome to the community. I can’t answer exactly as there are some issues with your definitions. The lost 3 rows all have the same input but generate different output. To generalize (and maybe make thing a little easier): can’t you define values for effort and impact in such way that multiplying the two gives a single number that defines the priority.

I edited my description, sorry for the confusion !

Not sure i could multiply the two to generate the priority. From what i understand, a nested IF statetement seem to be the only way to achieve this.

so, if anyone want to implement a priorization matrix as mentionned in this article:

This is the way to go:

IF(AND({Impact}=“1”,{Efforts}=“3”), “1”, IF(AND({Impact}=“1”,{Efforts}=“2”), “2”, IF(AND({Impact}=“1”,{Efforts}=“1”), “3”,IF(AND({Impact}=“2”,{Efforts}=“3”), “2”,IF(AND({Impact}=“2”,{Efforts}=“2”), “3”,IF(AND({Impact}=“2”,{Efforts}=“1”), “4”,IF(AND({Impact}=“3”,{Efforts}=“3”), “3”,IF(AND({Impact}=“3”,{Efforts}=“2”), “4”,IF(AND({Impact}=“3”,{Efforts}=“1”), “5”, “0”)))))))))

If anyone have a better way to implement it, i would be happy to hear it :slight_smile:

@patmanz,

If {Impact} and {Efforts} are numeric and always between 1 and 3, inclusive, then this will give the same result:

({Impact}-1)+(4-{Efforts})