New "boards" object field

We recently added the item_terminology field to the boards object! You can now retrieve the nickname for items on boards using this field. Please note that users can input a custom nickname or select one from a predefined list.

Hi @rachelatmonday

I have noticed you are adding new fields to the API, could you please add item’s order field too? It would be great to have a possibility to sort the retrieved items and display them in the same order than in monday UI.

Thanks,
Lubos

1 Like

Hello @lubos.husivarga,

I’ve added your feedback and vote to this request :slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers,
Matias

@Matias.Monday Is this implemented, while there seems like is no order field but I have notcied new api version 2023-10 now return items list in monday UI order. Is that correct? Is monday api now returning items list in order they are in UI?

Hello there @yolo,

This has not been implemented yet and no ETAs are available at the moment.

The order will not always be the one in the UI. The only way to control the order is via the argument “order_by”.

Let me know if you have any other questions :slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers,
Matias

@Matias.Monday I am not sure but while I am testing new version of API 2023-10, Even while adding filters in the query

query getBoardColumns {
  complexity{
    before
    after
    query
    reset_in_x_seconds
  }
    boards(ids: [5028111194]) {
    	items_count
    	id
    	items_page(query_params:{ids:[5028111714, 5028111734, 5028111639, 5028111664]}) {
        cursor
        items {
          id
          name
        }
      }
    }
  }

I am receiving response in same order in the UI. I remember previously with older version of API that was not the case. Is 2023-10 version of api returning items in correct order as in UI?

Hello again @yolo.

No. This is the case here but it is not a given.

The order in this case aligns with the UI but you should not assume that that will always be the case. As I said, the only way to control the order is via the argument “order_by” and no other assumptions should be made about the order in which the API retrieves the items.

Cheers,
Matias