New Item creates update in matching column of another board

Looking to hire someone to build this solution for us. Please message me with an estimated cost to do it, so that I don’t waste your or my time.

Goal: When an item is created on one board (via form), I’d like to post the info of 3 columns as an update into a corresponding Item on another board.

Background: Our landscaper can fill out a form to let us know they mowed a particular house. The data they submit includes date, location (geo tag) and pictures (files). This data comes in to a board/group.
On a separate board we have the list of properties that need mowing. One column is a location column (geo tag).

Desired Outcome: Every time a form is submitted, the geo location is checked against the existing geolocations in each item of another board. Where two location columns match, that’s the item that will get an update with a pre-written text saying something like “On MM/DD/YY this location was mowed” and then attach the submitted files to the update.
The idea being that different landscapers will continue sending updates that go into that board that functions as a log. And on the other board we track all updates in one Item for that particular property.

We have integromat and zapier accounts, assuming that’s the way to do it. Or is an App the solution for this?

1 Like

Hi Anderson,

Sent you a DM.

Ty, Elena Korolkova

1 Like

Hello @Anderson!

Looking at your desired effect:

Every time a form is submitted, the geo location is checked against the existing geolocations in each item of another board. Where two location columns match, that’s the item that will get an update with a pre-written text saying something like “On MM/DD/YY this location was mowed” and then attach the submitted files to the update.

Everything above can be done with Zapier/ Integromat except the attaching of the submitted files. Zapier can not interact with files in monday at all and Integromat can only clear file columns. If you want the file to be part of the solution you are looking at commissioning a custom API development. For this I would be happy to recommend a few good monday developers.

I will still send you a DM to give you our info if you are still looking to move forward with this in Zapier /Integromat without files.

2 Likes

Hi @Anderson
Here at JT’s Cloud we would be able to provide this solution to you.
Please book meeting on below link to discuss pricing and further requirements you may have.
Book Meeting
Kind regards,