Notifications from every board as owner of everything, how to turn off?

Hi, i have a question, i have been building the whole boards for my company, and we have quite a few members that do a good job in monday, but, as i made the whole company monday, i want to be able to change everything upon need, all good there, BUT, i do get notifications from EVERYTHING my collegues do… how can i turn those notifiactions off cause it’s a bit overwhelming tbh… if you need more to go on, please tell me so i can explain more…

hi @BartDW

In your profile (Avatar > My Profile) there is a notifications tab where you can select which events you want to be notified on (both email and inside monday). Is that where you are looking for?

unfortunatly not, because i can diable notifications, but then i disable mine as well…

Understand. Didn’t know that you wanted to be notified about your own actions :thinking:

yes and thats where the difficulty lays… i was wondering if i should make an extra account, to add as owner, and log in there in case of need… but that is not really what i was hoping to do…

the problem i had, was as creator i could control all boards, in case i have to help someone troubleshoot, but because i am subscribed on every board, i get all notifications from every board, and in our pro plan i can not turn that off or i loose some notifications from other boards that do matter…

If you go into the boards you do not want to receive notifications for, then click on Invite at the top right of the screen.
This will bring up the list of Board Members, next to each member’s name there is a crown. To remove yourself as an owner of this board click the crown. this should stop you getting every notification for automations set up to inform board ‘owners’ when there has been a change to the board.
Hope this is what you meant and that it helps/works.

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue here, but I am unable to remove myself as the owner unless someone else is assigned as the owner, which is also not really an outcome I’d like. Is this the only way?

Do you need to turn off messages for automations and integrations? There is a setting to do that and you will get all other notifications. I was being overwhelmed but those notifications and turned them off.

eventuellay we have done it that way, which is not really a perfect solution but it works…

yes but some notifications of automations are needed unfortunatly and there is no choosing in which you want to turn off…

it worked for me, it’s not the perfect solution, but the one closest to a perfect one… and i am able to still manage boards by asking to put me as temp owner in case of problems…

If you are using Outlook rather than the Monday.com inbox, the initial workaround that I used was to create a rule in my inbox (Outlook) and send all messages from Monday.com to a folder I labeled Monday.com Inbox. That helped me segregate the messages from my other inbox messages; I could then sift through messages for relevant ones more efficiently.

Yes I’m thinking it may need to go that way but I really didn’t want to up our licenses just to stop some unnecessary notifications. The biggest bugbear is ‘someone has deleted something’ notification.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.